My Project

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

like80ninjas
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

My Project

Post by like80ninjas »

Okay, so my artist and I have finally gotten something to show of, although it isn't much. The basic engine (c++, SDL) has all the goods to get a basic platformer going up to animation and physics. Just got started on the map editor, no GUI or anything fancy but it can lay tiles and what not. Now I'm working on getting it saving and loading, then the engine to save and load. Right now the test level for the engine had to be laid out by hand so I gave in and started the map editor.

Our team is just the two of us, me programming, and my artist doing all the art (Except I drew the character)

Anyway, I'd like to know a good recording program so I can get some videos to show you guys, get some feedback etc. I was inspired to start programming a few years back when watching Falco's vids, and now that I have started my sophomore year as a computer science major and started a project, I feel like i'm ready to make videos myself. =D
THe Floating Brain
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: RTS possible Third Person shooter engine.
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, Wii, Xbox 360, GAME CUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++, Python 3, C#

Re: My Project

Post by THe Floating Brain »

Sounds Great :mrgreen: , I to am working on a engine :-) (Although it is nothing worthy of showing off yet :lol: ). Some good recording softweres I know of are Debut, and Hypercam. (Dont use hypercam for looking at code without zooming in it comes out crappy).
"Why did we say we were going to say we were going to change the world tomorrow yesterday? Maybe you can." - Myself

ImageImage
pritam
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Amiga, PSOne, NDS
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by pritam »

There's also Camstudio, it's free and works pretty good.
GroundUpEngine
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: mixture
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by GroundUpEngine »

pritam wrote:There's also Camstudio, it's free and works pretty good.
+1 ;)