how do you get promoted?

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

gamenovice
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Current Project: wii u dev, sdl, and some unity 3D
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, GAMEBOY, GAMECUBE, WII, 3DS,PS2
Programming Language of Choice: C#,C++,Java

how do you get promoted?

Post by gamenovice »

sorry for the noobiness, but how would you be able to get a higher ranking in these forums?

for example, my rank is chaos rift noob, but there is a higher ranking of chaos rift junior.

so how would it work?
without code, we wouldnt have life as we know it...
Kyosaur
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS2,PS3,NDS
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: how do you get promoted?

Post by Kyosaur »

gamenovice wrote:sorry for the noobiness, but how would you be able to get a higher ranking in these forums?

for example, my rank is chaos rift noob, but there is a higher ranking of chaos rift junior.

so how would it work?
I think the levels are based on the amount of posts you have / make. That's how its normally is setup (sorry, dont have the exact numbers, or all of the tittles :().

Your rank will go up if you take part in helping/chatting with the community- not that its important or anything :P.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

Kyosaur wrote: I think the levels are based on the amount of posts you have / make. That's how its normally is setup (sorry, dont have the exact numbers, or all of the tittles :().

Your rank will go up if you take part in helping/chatting with the community- not that its important or anything :P.
That is exactly right. There are also a number of special ranks which can only be obtained by making significant contributions to the community (our discretion).

Your rank is much less important than the quality of the posts you make, so don't be in any rush to promote yourself. ;)
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Kyosaur
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS2,PS3,NDS
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Kyosaur »

dandymcgee wrote:
Kyosaur wrote: I think the levels are based on the amount of posts you have / make. That's how its normally is setup (sorry, dont have the exact numbers, or all of the tittles :().

That is exactly right. There are also a number of special ranks which can only be obtained by making significant contributions to the community (our discretion).

Your rank is much less important than the quality of the posts you make, so don't be in any rush to promote yourself. ;)
Oh yeah forgot about the special ranks.

Btw why cant i have a gif image as my signature (it only has like 3 frames, and its of reasonable size)? Its not even blinking really :( (look at the top part of the image- ie the google logo).
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

Kyosaur wrote: Oh yeah forgot about the special ranks.

Btw why cant i have a blinking gif image (only have like 3 frames, and its of reasonable size)?
Short answer: It drives me nuts and makes it extremely difficult for me to concentrate on reading a post. If it bothers me that much I'd imagine there's at least one other person who feels the same.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
k1net1k
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by k1net1k »

lol