For the Resident Evil fans

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Willshire The Mad
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: Some basic flash projects for school
Favorite Gaming Platforms: X-Box 360 for now

For the Resident Evil fans

Post by Willshire The Mad »

If anyone has heard of the new Resident Evil movie RE: Degeneration get it. Finally a Re movie that stays true to the game story, it takes place shortly after RE4, it gives a bit of back story as to some of the changes in the world after Umbrella goes under. Terrorists have gotten there hands on the T-virus now the new terror threat in the world is third world dictators throwing zombies around. Its a full CG movie and it brings back the dynamic duo Clair and Leon, with all the original voice actors. Its a true fan movie that has all the cheese lines and the silly countdown till something blows up at the end. Love it.
Spork
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Building a 2D Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Sega Genesis and Xbox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Re: For the Resident Evil fans

Post by Trask »

I watched this, I was kinda bored by it but yeah, it felt like it came from the games which was a nice relief. I really was disappoint with the other "RE" movies as they have nothing to do with Resident Evil or its characters. I so desperately wanted to see the Mansion in the first movie and was crushed when it was a movie version of the game. When will directors and Hollywood learn that these games are movies, they just need to get good actors and leave it alone, they're script is already written, they don't need to get fancy and make their own story based on the game because they almost never play the games. I just want to see reenactments if you will.
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.
Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!
Martin Golding wrote: "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Willshire The Mad
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: Some basic flash projects for school
Favorite Gaming Platforms: X-Box 360 for now

Re: For the Resident Evil fans

Post by Willshire The Mad »

Yea it did feel like it was just put together for the sake of having a true "rendition" of RE. But I suppose for nostalgia purposes it does the job. I like how Leon is just beating down zombies with his government issue bad-assness. The Hollywood movies were like more bastardized versions of RE2 and RE3, I would like to see RE4 remade into a movie in this way, though it breaks from the slow stupid zombie formula as far as story and originality I think it shines brighter.
Spork