'Cuz I couldn't afford *real* lessons...

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

I like the Doors. I'm really into Rush nowadays. Hyper Shadow left a whole CD of them at my house, and I can't stop listening to them.
360>PS3
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by 360>PS3 »

Yes, thats what I was saying. You can like whatever you want, its all about personal opinion, but you cant say jimmy page is better than paul gilbert or buckethead because you like him more. And if you can't play zepplin songs you haven't been playing long, or you need to pick up a new instrument.

And yea, Im serious, Ill try my best to tab things out for you, it would be nice if you could get guitar pro 5 too, but its cool if not
Paul Gilbert and Buckethead are the greatest guitarists ever, to think that anyone surpasses their amazing talent and creativity is to show an extreme disregard for common sense
Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Post by Arce »

Truthfully, I'm not good at guitar. I practice all the time and all, but I'm just simply a noob. And one thing I cannot STAND is putting all the effort into finding tabs and learning a song and finally getting good enough to play it....Just to find that the idiot who tabbed it made it sound like shit. It's the worst feeling for a noob.

So instead of me asking you to tab stuff for me...Could you just recommend some noob/semi noob tabs for me that are correct? I'd REALLY appreciate it.

As for guitar pro 5, is it worth getting? I'm on my new computer now, and I'll go get it if I really think it's worth it. I'm kind of hesitant though....My downloading some 'guitar help kit' is what killed my last computer--turned out to be a replicating virus, and I was too damned dumb to realize it. it was one of those gay ones that put a little icon in the bottom left that pops up and says "Windows has detected viral activity, click here to remove" and by clicking it, you just gave it permission to go online and add more viral shit...Anyway, it fucked it up so badly that I had to run windows in debug mode for a week before I got it fixed, and though it was my own stupidity that got it on there...I'd still like to kinda know what guitar pro 5 is before I try that again. =P
Showdin
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Showdin »

Dude, whats with hella gamers and the word noob? It bugs the shit out of me, especially when people are saying it as an insult. Its fucking retarted.
You are better than me.
Arce

Post by Arce »

The way I'm using it isn't as an insult, I'm just calling myself a 'guitar newby,' or saying that I'm new at guitar, without typing it all out.

As for gamers using it as an insult...Beats me.
Arce

Post by Arce »

So my friend who I was borrowing the Guitar form wanted it back.

Since then, I've borrowed my GF's dad's Bass and started playing.

At first, the fucking huge strings hurt like HELL. Not to mention needed twice the finger strength...So made my hand sore...And gave me multiple blisters ((mainly on my pinky))

Then, just two days ago, I borrowed my friend's 6 string again.

OMFG. I'd reccommend switching to bass temporarily to ANY guitarist. It got my fings SOO much stronger! I can do some crazy fast hammer on's and pull off's now...LMAO!

Also, i think bass is more fun to play, though I like 6string's noise better....So name me a few good bass songs to learn please? Any nothing too hard....*cough* Chilli Peppers *cough*
Arce

Post by Arce »

So I journeyed to radio shack just the other day and got a mono to mono 1/4th to 1/8th inch audio converter.

For those of you who can't put two and two together, we're set with music for DeadSky. Definately.

And I'm getting a really nice digital mixer soon.
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

WTF is Deadsky? I can't seem to get anyone to tell me
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
Arce

Post by Arce »

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

OMg

Are you not a part of the secret forum 'Game Development' or w/e?

I almost forgot how little we post about it in the public sections...

So, what, over the whole summer you thought the forums were dead, when actually we were all programming our asses off, and we were just too dumb to post them in public places? Hmm...Okie.

Admins...You going to tell him? Or make him part of Game Dev...?
mofo joe
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by mofo joe »

that's so pathetic.. even i was included in that..
Arce

Post by Arce »

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

That was just mean. xDDDDD!

I wasn't trying to be mean by posting that--I seriously forgot that now all forum members have access to that area--For a long while, that was the ONLY place with posts, so it's easy to forget that some people on here aren't Devers.

Wutai, all you need to know is that it's a huge project we're all bustin our asses on. Mofo Joe was included as one of the graphics artists (you'd better believe she's got talent) though we paused the progress of the project when Harry Potter came out.....And we're beginning to pick it up again.

School is a BITCH for me...It's really, REALLY freaking hard to find Dev time.
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

Oh. That's the best one yet. "Uhh... I can't tell you, because you might tell someone. Or something.... Wait..?"
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.