OpenGL Not rendering?

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer, any questions, help, or just talk of any language will be welcomed here.

Moderator: Coders of Rage

like80ninjas
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

OpenGL Not rendering?

Post by like80ninjas »

Hey, quick question for you guys, I'm working on a OpenGL project, and it runs completely fine from Visual Studio, in all release modes, but when I try to run the game from just the exe, no geometry will render. All my textures are being properly loaded and included with the exe, it simply will not show the 3D part of things. Also, I'm using SFML as my windowing library and using it to display 2D graphics over the 3D scene. SFML returns no errors, and still works and renders in both the exe and from visual studio. Is there any common solution to this problem? I'm assuming i'm just forgetting something key here. If not I can post code to help out.
ibly31
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Like... seven different ones
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Xbox 360, Gamecube
Programming Language of Choice: C++, ObjC

Re: OpenGL Not rendering?

Post by ibly31 »

Definitely post the code. Theres just so many different things that can cause a problem like this. A test that I like to do to see if it is actually OpenGL having a problem or if my windowing system can't even get a rendering context up is to change the glClearColor (or in SFML's case RenderWindow.SetBackgroundColor()) and see if the background color changes. If it does, then you know your geometry submission process is screwed up. If not, then you know that the problem lies in SFML's windowing system unable to give you a proper context to draw in.
Twitter
Website/Tumblr
My Projects

The best thing about UDP jokes is that I don’t care if you get them or not.