How about a new rule?

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

Should the rule be enforced?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:57 pm

Very Yes
63%
Yes
13%
No
13%
Very No
13%

Total votes: 8

Orgodemirk
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

How about a new rule?

Post by Orgodemirk »

How about we have a new rule that reads as follows.

All Posts must consist of more than 3 words and must make sense corresponding to the topic/category which contains the post.

Any post with less than 3 words or that is not in a topic/category which has something in common with the post it should be moved or deleted unless it is of extreme importance or contains some code.
A glitch?
Showdin
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Showdin »

I say no (not very no) Because I think it should be deleted about the 3 word part but not the other because what if someone posts something that has to do with the topic, but another thing that doesn't in the same post, then another person responds to the part that didn't have stuff to do with the topic? I don't think that should get deleted unless it has less than 3 words. But i say it should have at least 7 words and make sense. :mrgreen: Then what if a really good conversation constructs as it takes place in a topic that doesn't correspond? I think it should stay.
You are better than me.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I don't think we need to set up more rules... I'm all good. How bout you?
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

Sometimes people just don't know what to say, and don't want to waste a post (whatever "waste a post" means). Just let them post their pointless, 3 word replies. I do it all the time.
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!

Post by Guest »

Errm...every wonder why we make fun of your "does he ever puke" and why we subtract points on the Real of the Unrespectables? o.o

Maybe Becuase you do it all the time.

I'd say yes, not very yes, even though I voted Very yes.
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

What do you mean subtract points? :?
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!

Post by Guest »

Read the topic named "Attention NOOBS" in the realm of the unrespectables. You should have already. -.-
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Arce wrote:Read the topic named "Attention NOOBS" in the realm of the unrespectables. You should have already. -.-
I thought you were kidding about the attention noobs thing... who in their right mind is going to keep track of crap like that?
Dark Crusader
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by Dark Crusader »

I like cheese! :(|):
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

The Realm of Unrespectables is where you do various stuff, with basically pointless topics. Mainly a discussion for general crap.

I HATE Jack Thompson!

Post by Guest »

spideyspiderman2000, that post is total BS, and for that, EVERYONE in the realm votes to subtract another point, putting you to zero. Sorry, you're not longer in the realm. Have a nice day. :spin:

Post by Guest »

The unrespectable. You don't have the right to post there for nothing, and by being in there, you auto have the ability to moderate general offtopic. Which, again, is not grated to everyone. (unless you'r an admin -.-)
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Hey Arce,
:grill: :grill: :grill: :grill: :grill: :grill: :grill: :grill: :grill: :grill: :grill: :grill: :grill:

I HATE Jack Thompson!
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Spidey... you do know that everytime you use a smiley an angel dies of anthrax infestation... don't you?
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

:)
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.