Auto Login

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

dnxviral
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: Everything... and C#

Auto Login

Post by dnxviral »

Ok this has been bugging me >.<
When I log into the forum, I don't want to do it later so I check the autologin box but when I visit the site it doesn't log me in. I'm not sure if it's just me? My browser (Chrome)? Or something else?

I also don't know where I should post this >.>
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: Auto Login

Post by dandymcgee »

You need to change your privacy settings in Chrome to save cookies until they expire, not delete them when the browser closes.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
dnxviral
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by dnxviral »

Nah its not that unfortunately. :( I've already been through the privacy settings and that box is unchecked. Does this feature work for you?
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

dnxviral wrote:Nah its not that unfortunately. :( I've already been through the privacy settings and that box is unchecked. Does this feature work for you?
That's really the only thing that could be causing it dude. Either that or you have a virus that deletes your cookies. The feature works fine for me in Chrome, Firefox, and IE 8.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
ismetteren
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by ismetteren »

I have the same problem, and i am using chrome(actually chromium) too. It has been bugging me for a long time, but not enough to make a thread about it...
Image ImageImage Image
RyanPridgeon
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: "Triangle"
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by RyanPridgeon »

Mine works fine in Chrome 8.0.552.224, Windows 7 Home Premium.

Does auto-login often fail on other sites? Have you reported the error to Google/Chromium?
Ryan Pridgeon
C, C++, C#, Java, ActionScript 3, HaXe, PHP, VB.Net, Pascal
Music | Blog
dnxviral
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by dnxviral »

Actually it doesn't. :/ It works fine for my forum and a couple others. Almost all of them running phpbb.
I also tried this in firefox with the same results.

Is their a UCP setting that I haven't seen that could be causing this?
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

dnxviral wrote:Actually it doesn't. :/ It works fine for my forum and a couple others. Almost all of them running phpbb.

This is really strange. There is no setting besides the global one you can't access, and since this is working fine some people that's clearly not the cause.

I have no idea why it would work on some sites and not others, unless you somehow have an exception for elysianshadows.com. The only way to know for sure would be clear all of your browser cache, cookies, and the exception list. I honestly can't think of anything other than browser settings.
dnxviral
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by dnxviral »

dandymcgee wrote:
dnxviral wrote:Actually it doesn't. :/ It works fine for my forum and a couple others. Almost all of them running phpbb.

This is really strange. There is no setting besides the global one you can't access, and since this is working fine some people that's clearly not the cause.

I have no idea why it would work on some sites and not others, unless you somehow have an exception for elysianshadows.com. The only way to know for sure would be clear all of your browser cache, cookies, and the exception list. I honestly can't think of anything other than browser settings.
Me either.. I'll look into it some more and post my results.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

it used to be like that for me on my old laptop, and my parents computer, it would just randomly log me out, even though I checked the keep me signed in box I never found out why :P
Ginto8
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++, Java

Post by Ginto8 »

I have chrome on linux (8.0.552.224) and it occasionally logs me out on its own. Usually, however, it keeps me logged in. Also, even when it logs me out, it remembers my username/pass so I just have to hit the button.
Quit procrastinating and make something awesome.
Ducky wrote:Give a man some wood, he'll be warm for the night. Put him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Building a 2D Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Sega Genesis and Xbox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by Trask »

Long shot: Aside from clearing all cookie settings, browser history, and clearing all forms, also try removing this site from your favorites, reboot the browser then manually type in the web address and see if that helps. Whether or not that works, you can readd the site to your favorites.
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.
Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!
Martin Golding wrote: "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
dnxviral
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by dnxviral »

Haha I think I've found the reason. I believe this site is a cross between two domains? elysianshadows.com/phpBB3 and http://www.thechaosrift.com/
It will auto log me into elysianshadows.com/phpBB3 but not http://www.thechaosrift.com/

Any thoughts?
Ginto8
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++, Java

Post by Ginto8 »

dnxviral wrote:Haha I think I've found the reason. I believe this site is a cross between two domains? elysianshadows.com/phpBB3 and http://www.thechaosrift.com/
It will auto log me into elysianshadows.com/phpBB3 but not http://www.thechaosrift.com/

Any thoughts?
the cookie is probably designed to activate on the elysianshadows.com domain
Quit procrastinating and make something awesome.
Ducky wrote:Give a man some wood, he'll be warm for the night. Put him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
ismetteren
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by ismetteren »

I think you are right. When i look at my cookies for thechaosrift.com i only have a "style_cookie" but on elysianshadows.com/phpbb3 i have "phpbb3_7cah8_u", "phpbb3_7cah8_k" and "phpbb3_7cah8_sid" in addition to that. They don't store my username/pass in plain text, but i guess they are encoded/encrypted in some way...
Image ImageImage Image