E-Newsletter?

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: E-Newsletter?

Post by eatcomics »

Sorry about my thing, my internet is highly unstable... Right now it is being fairly patient, I've been able to download... lessee I think 5 Dreamcast games in the last couple hours... But someone is coming to fix it tomorrow so if its not fine now, it will be tomorrow :D
aamesxdavid
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by aamesxdavid »

Arce wrote:I am still undecided on what my topic shall be. But expect my article sometime next week (in the aftermath of the weekend's dev-a-thon. ;p)
That would be fantastic. That would make 4 articles, I believe (with Falco's, eatcomics', and my own). Again, it would be ideal to actually feature a project, but even as it stands, we could make this a respectable first issue.

Also, if you have any pictures to go with your articles, definitely send them along.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Also before my internet goes out, how long are you expecting the articles to be, I can make mine 1 page, or more or less :D I'm guessing you want about a page though? I'll probably also add some screenies of the games :D well maybe the winner and runner ups
aamesxdavid
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by aamesxdavid »

eatcomics wrote:Also before my internet goes out, how long are you expecting the articles to be, I can make mine 1 page, or more or less :D I'm guessing you want about a page though? I'll probably also add some screenies of the games :D well maybe the winner and runner ups
Roughly one page would be fine. But I wouldn't say there should be a limit either way. Every article is going to have a different length depending on the topic and how in-depth you want to get with it. Try to make it a substantial length without getting too wordy. Basically, keep it going for as long as you can make it interesting. ;)
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

alrighty then... and my internet still isn't fixed... consolidated, those fuckers!
XianForce
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by XianForce »

Well, I don't know if this is still going on or not... but I'm considering writing an article on fixed point numbers / arithmetic
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

Yea, what's up article-writers? Let's get this show back on the road! ;)
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
aamesxdavid
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by aamesxdavid »

I could not agree more. I have an article from eatcomics, and that's it at the moment. I'd guess we at least need 4 to make a respectable issue. I can write one, so we need two more minimum. If you're not sure about an idea you have, or want to suggest something for someone else to write, post it here. There's interest to read it, we just need interest to write it.

Again, send anything you have to aamesxdavid@gmail.com.

Let's put all our smarts into readable form. ;)
XianForce
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by XianForce »

aamesxdavid wrote:I could not agree more. I have an article from eatcomics, and that's it at the moment. I'd guess we at least need 4 to make a respectable issue. I can write one, so we need two more minimum. If you're not sure about an idea you have, or want to suggest something for someone else to write, post it here. There's interest to read it, we just need interest to write it.

So I should start on that article?
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

XianForce wrote:
aamesxdavid wrote:I could not agree more. I have an article from eatcomics, and that's it at the moment. I'd guess we at least need 4 to make a respectable issue. I can write one, so we need two more minimum. If you're not sure about an idea you have, or want to suggest something for someone else to write, post it here. There's interest to read it, we just need interest to write it.

That would be a big "YES!". :)
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
XianForce
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by XianForce »

dandymcgee wrote:
XianForce wrote:

That would be a big "YES!". :)
Alright, I'm starting right now =p.
aamesxdavid
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by aamesxdavid »

I forgot to mention one more thing that would help the newsletter, were anyone interested: art.

Anyone who can make a logo, or any kind of pictures for it, it would look prettier.

Think about it.
pritam
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Amiga, PSOne, NDS
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by pritam »

I haven't followed this thread entirely but it sounds interesting and promising and I'd like to contribute with an article about software for creating art.

And if no one else wants to make art for the layout, I can help out with that as well, at least something basic to get the newsletter started.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

sweet cause this topic has been quite the standstill, I'm not sure if others have gotten articles in or not
Daxtorax
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, N64, Xbox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Daxtorax »

I'm assuming there's still room for another article in this issue? My friend and I have been working on a game for several years and have been waiting to unveil it, is it alright if I just finish typing it up and send it, with some screenshots your way aamesxdavid?