NEStix Chaotix 2

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

GyroVorbis wrote:Also, lots of times in Megaman games, the camera doesn't just scroll. You might have to walk until the end of the screen, then it all just moves at once.
Well, that's sorta what we mean. Your talking of aproaching a boss battle?
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

I read back over your system and it is exactly what I meant.

yeah, but also there are many other places that aren't just straight up side scrolling.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

yeah, but also there are many other places that aren't just straight up side scrolling.
What do you mean?
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

Ok. I'll make them better, but only if JS approves. Also, should we just keep the Viper and Flamethrower guys I made? I worked for quite a while on those. Also, I deleted both Genos. Is that okay? :?
Drakor
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Drakor »

hey good news whiggas i have some killer awsome ideas for the inventory screens and a bunch of other stuff..but.,.. my mom is naggin bout hte studin' stuff so i'll go for now but i'll keep in touch when i get to my dads.(ohio)

so till next time........GET A DS!!!!!!!!!
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Alright. I finished with the little scene sprites. I'll send them to GV and JS. :D
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Ummm.... Spidey.... Makeing the tiles darker wasn't the goal. We were thinking more on the lines of adding detail and such.... sorry, but it looks like you just used a program to darken the tiles. :?
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Oops. I got confused by Drakor's example. I'll go back and work out all the stuff. Should I keep the tiles darkened and stuff?
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

I know it's not my decision, but I had a few ideas on how the overworld could be like. Here goes nothin'...

I was thinking that there could be a game room, where you could play a bunch of old arcade games ( Pac-Man, Galaga, Dig-Dug, etc.) and just hang out. There could also be a kitchen or something like that, where you could pack up on foods that you can eat during levels to replenish energy too. Another thing would be that you could have a jukebox or radio where you can listen to songs from video games (such as background music from old and new Nintendo games), and songs from our world, by real singers and bands (David Bowie, Bowling for Soup, Outkast, etc.). Finally, you could also have a Nintendo hall of fame, where you can look at glorious moments from Nintendo's past (the first Mario Bros. game, the release of the Game Boy, etc.)

This is all I could think of. Tell me what ya' think. :D
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

JS Lemming wrote:
What do you mean?
Serriously, what do you mean? It could help us.

-------

Well spidey, most of your ideas where already thought of in the old Nestix forum. But good thinking.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

It's just the exact same idea as your camera blocker in the secret thing.
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Aight. I finished the scenes and junk I'll get the E-Mails over to you guys.

I HATE Jack Thompson!
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

I was riding in the car today, and a thought about NEStix crossed my mind. Should we put in a save feature? I mean, if it's possible. This is a pretty big game, and it would really suck to lose all the data that you had and powers you retrieved. Just a thought. If it's possible, I say do it. Also, I was thinking about NEStix music while I was playing my Gameboy Advance, and I thought the music pieces from the 3 last boss battles in Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland would be cool.

I HATE Jack Thompson!
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

OF COURSE WE WILL HAVE SAVE FUNCTIONALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

NEStix Chaotix 2

Post by Falco Girgis »

JS Lemming wrote:OF COURSE WE WILL HAVE SAVE FUNCTIONALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's exactly what I was thinking. Spidey, if you threatened to kill my whole family and cut my balls off, NEStix would still have saving. XD

As for Nightmare in Dreamland music. Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland is actually the unofficial port of "Kirby's Adventure" for the NES. You don't believe me? Nobody does. Then, I show it to them and they piss their pants.

Everything right down to the locations, abilities, music and tiles are from the original NES game. It's discontinued, so finding the cartridge would be a bitch.

I have it for NES and I think it's the greatest Kirby out there.

So yes, that music should be in the game. Not to mention it WOULD be sticking to our roots because the song is the same if not better on the NES.

While I'm on the subject of Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland. I thought that game was alright. THEN, I made both of my brothers and my friend buy a copy. It's a COMPLETELY different game when you've got four kirbys fighting the nightmare with star rods blazing and madness abrew.

I not joking when I say that there was so much going on with four kirby's with four star rods that the framerate when we were linked up went down to maybe 10 FPS and we could actually see our matrix attacks in slow motion. That is COOL. If you like that game whatsoever, make 3 other guys buy it and you'll LOVE it.
Last edited by Falco Girgis on Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.