Free, open-source alternative to Fruity Loops

Forum for the creative side of the game development process: art, music, storyline, gameplay, concepts, etc. Any sort of relevant discussion is welcome here.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Re: Free, open-source alternative to Fruity Loops

Post by avansc »

Thel wrote:And you can't really compare a 3DMax-user to Michelangelo because he wasn't a 3DMax-user.
ROFL..

you know what yeah just forget it. call your self what ever you want.
Some person, "I have a black belt in karate"
Dad, "Yea well I have a fan belt in street fighting"
Thel
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Thel »

I don't know who you're going on about but I just assumend you were referring to someone from the 17th C.
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

Thel wrote:I don't know who you're going on about but I just assumend you were referring to someone from the 17th C.
you dont know who michelangelo di lodovico buonarroti simoni or leonardo da vinci is.
ever hear of the sistine chapple, or the mona lisa? wow.
cypher1554R
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by cypher1554R »

Thel wrote:I don't know who you're going on about but I just assumend you were referring to someone from the 17th C.
:shock:
Thel
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Thel »

Yeah I know I just don't know why that quote was a ROFL moment. I thought perhaps you were referring to some guy called Michelangelo who is a pro at 3DMax in that case I'd get it but this is completely irrelevent now.
hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by hurstshifter »

Thel wrote: If it wasn't for technology music would be very boring.

I RAGED when I read this...

This proves that you clearly have no passion for music and to me any comments you make hereafter shall be considered null and void. I play piano and a fair bit of guitar and I can honestly say that no amount of amplifiers, effect processors, equalizers, condensers, etc... can compare to the sound from a well tuned, well built grand piano. And in case you are wondering, this device was around before electricity was harnessed. Let me fix your post for you...

Thel wrote: If it wasn't for technology music would be very boring to me.
And if it wasn't for technology my time would not be wasted replying to your post on this forum. Please tell your record label that I will not be purchasing a copy of your CD when it is released.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
http://www.thenerdnight.com
Thel
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Thel »

You never read my post where I said that music technology goes back to cavemen banging rocks?
hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by hurstshifter »

Thel wrote:You never read my post where I said that music technology goes back to cavemen banging rocks?
I did, actually. Thank you for defining technology for me.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
http://www.thenerdnight.com
Thel
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Thel »

You're welcome.
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

Thel wrote:Yeah I know I just don't know why that quote was a ROFL moment. I thought perhaps you were referring to some guy called Michelangelo who is a pro at 3DMax in that case I'd get it but this is completely irrelevent now.
it was a rofl moment because you said you could not even begin to compare a 3dmax user to michelangelo, but yet you find it fine to compare what you call a composer and mozart.

lets just agree to disagree.
Thel
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Thel »

I'm not comparing a composer of today to Mozart and that's my argument. I'm just saying that I think composers should embrace the technology and learn all that they can not just about composing but about engineering as well.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

hurstshifter wrote:It sounds to me like some people in this thread are greatly confusing sound engineering with music composition.
THIS

Audio engineering is a part of audio science dealing with the recording and reproduction of sound through mechanical and electronic means.
A piece of music exists in the form of a written composition in musical notation or as a single acoustic event
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Thel
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Thel »

You seriously think I don't know that. I'm saying that sequencers allow the composer to engineer their own music w/ the use of plug-ins. Why the fuck not take advantage of that and use it as a chance to learn about engineering? Wow you guys really don't get me.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Thel wrote:You seriously think I don't know that.
Yes.
I compose music so I'm a music composer.
You're not a composer. You're a sound engineer. You're not composing music. You're engineering it. At least, that's what this whole argument is stemming from.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Thel
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Thel »

Then maybe you ought to re-read my posts. I know what I do hence why Falco was so eager to let me on the team. And I've received a lot of praise for my work. You have no idea of the hard work I put in as that only reflects in my music. I'm a composer and an engineer so I compose music on the keyboard and then I arrange in the sequencer as any composer does and then I engineer. In fact I engineer as I go along. There are so many composers who don't even know how to use the mixer in FL and that's why their music lacks depth. I'll just say that I've engineered for gigs and it's really the same only it's not my own music.