Arce's Development

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Do you HONESTLY think you'd like my game so far? (Don't answer until I post about it!)

Yes.
55%
No.
9%
Hamm Sammich (I'm an inconsiderate prick who refuses to give feedback.)
36%

Total votes: 11

JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I don't understand what you say.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!

Post by Guest »

Code: Select all

num1 = getkey

If num1 = 67 then num1 = a
So...Do I do something like that for every letter of every word they type?
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Nah Nah, I mean... that is a possibility, but a very time consuming one. What I was thinking was that there is a blitz function that converts a ascii value to a string. I think it was something like Chr() but I'm not sure. Try looking at yo neighborhood command reference. It's probably under the strang commands.

Post by Guest »

Had I known that I wouldn't have had to use 100 liners of code just to change the controls. Thanks Lemming.
:D

BTW all, my game will be done Monday. (That's when it's due at school, which isn't enough time to get it as I desired, but it'll still be aight.)

Post by Guest »

Lemming, because you are the Blitz master, will you please tell me how you would make laseres. By that I mean, and enemy that goes back and forth across the screen, and on a timer, fires a laser between its two halves (top and bottom). Mine still have an error, and the sound is being played 1000x a second, making it a screeching lagging MONSTROSITY. I REALLY need help with my due date so close.

If this is not replied to in 25 hours, I will try calling you. Thanks.

Post by Guest »

Never mind what I said, I am a GENIOUS! I JUST GOT THE BEST IDEA AFTER TEN MINUTES OF STARING BLANKLY AT A PIECE OF PAPER!

Look, I make two loops, one through all the beams, one through all the enemies, and each time I make it go through, I have it check if there are more beams than enemies or more enemies than beams. If there are, I make another loop through the beams that deletes them all. Then, I make a loop through the enemies and inside I add 1 to a variable and make a new beam for each enemy with a variable assigning them to an enemy. Then, at a differnt place/time/spot, I have it move the laser according to the enemies VX and VY.

The bell just wrange, BAI
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

uhhh... ok?
Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Post by Arce »

^ Delete this bot post, plz? And perhaps this one, too? THx. =)