Mario: The Last Castle is Completed!!!

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

Everything works perfectly on my computer, except for the collision detection :lol: .

I got to the second level, and then couldn't make the jumps.
It isn't that I couldn't land in the right place, I would hold the run button, and get a running start, but wouldn't jump far enough.

I AM T3H B3TA T3$TORZ!!!!1!1111!.... one, one, ONE! one.
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Hyper Shadow wrote:The game worked perfectly on my computer but for some reason this I just don't understand but everytime i click the mouse the windows flash as if lightning was flashing outside.
OH MAN!!! :lol: I was using that to debug certain effects! I guess i forgot and left that in. :mrgreen: O well, more lightning for you.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

hehe are you going to fix it?
1/8th time- 14secs
1/8th speed - 110mph
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

I think he only forgot to disable that in the Beta that Wutai was testing.

And also, at school I've just found out another thing about your game.

The fancy effects when you start and die (that cool fading) absolutely has not worked on a single computer but my school one.

It seems my computer at school likes your game.

BTW, everybody in my class practically shit their britches when I busted our your game today, JS Lemming. They loved it.

I almost beat it in C programming too.
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

Koo
The fading sometimes didn't work for me either.
1/8th time- 14secs
1/8th speed - 110mph
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Thats freakin aw-some.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

So tell me, how is the true glory of your hard-worked on game not working awesome? :shock:
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Whoops, I was talkin bout how your class liked my game, not the defects.
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

lol.
Todays funniest posts
1/8th time- 14secs
1/8th speed - 110mph
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Heh, I discovered a nice glitch in the game. Only try this if you have already beaten it and have seen the ending.

Glitch:
When you are walking up to toad, quickly press enter and then Esc. You should have returned to the title screen. Now start a new game. Toad should be standing on the bridge of the first level. Mario should be automaticly walking toward toad by now, but you do have some control over him. If you manage to get passed toad without hurting him, more glitches should unfold. If you fail to get by toad, the credits should start rolling. When that is over, you will reappear back at level one with the title screen music playing in the background.

Reason:
The reason for this is simple. Usually when you quit or exit a level, a function goes through and destroys all objects like enemies and walls and such. But I never included toad to be destroyed because in the cutscene he is automaticly destroyed. By exiting before that time, toad is never destroyed and the glitch is born.

Glitches are koo.
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

Are you going to fix it??
1/8th time- 14secs
1/8th speed - 110mph
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

The Phantom wrote:Are you going to fix it??
Heck no! I like glitches as long as they don't destroy or make life miserable. I love looking for these things. I found many in Zelda OT, one of my favorite games especially for glitches.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Early this morning, I decided to check out some search engines and see how thechaosrift was doing. Actually, we're doing very good. Yahoo has like a billion of our pages on there. Even the ones that don't even have anything working and I didn't know still existed. :oops:

Anyway, I'm VERY pissed off. As some of you may or may not know, JSL submitted his Mario: Last Castle game to the Mario Fan Game site or wherever the hell. Have a look at this:

http://www.mfgg.net/resourcedb.php?act= ... ews&id=553

Yes, they gave JSL's game a 3/10. Does that not make you sick? That pompous and oblivious "Project Sonic" has no clue what he's talking about. First off, he said that there was no sound. Any dumbass can see that there IS a bgm.MID or whatever in the SFX folder. His computer just wouldn't run it, so that isn't fair for him to grade according to that.

Also, it seems like the only bad thing he had to say was that it was fullscreen (go cry you damn puss) and that he couldn't get passed the group of thwomps on the second level because he was too stupid to wait for them to smack the ground and instead tries to run through them every single time.

This guy obviously has no clue what it is like to make a game. It is really sad that JSL's game be rated by such morons.

I made a NICE review and basically said how big of a moron that feller was, but their substandard PHP based posting system decided not to alert me that you had to be a logged in, registered user to post. So basically I just wasted my time. (idiots).

What do you people think?
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Well, I've learned a few things from all this mario Huha.

One, the people who go there seem to only want baby games... games with no strategy. I mean come ON! If you keep dying because your smashed by thwomps.... take a second to think and just maybe he would take them on one at a time. Idiot.

Two, for some reason, they don't like thier games to be fullscreen... what? can they not take in everything when its fullscreen or something? Who wants to look at a gamboy screen sized game, wasting precious monitor space, and forced to look at an operating system in the background.

And Three, never use blitz.... it turns out blitz uses and old version of FMOD for music and such and its not supported by some computers.

Other then that, I kinda liked my level design.. o well. Heh, too bad no one will ever see the end of the game. I think the boss was pretty koo. Poor, poor toad.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Haha. I can see that now. THWAMP! *Mario explodes in blood*
"Durr... Maybe if I do it again"
THWAMP! *savage bloodspray*
(10 deaths later)
"This game sucks..."

Obviously, he's a moron. I don't believe that you deserve such bullcrap on such a good game. It makes me sad that they'd say that, and that Blitz would soil it like that.

You're level design is great. I even went through and downloaded games that they ranked 8/10 and higher (which was sadly only a few). I thought they weren't half as good as yours, JSL.