Your absolute favorite games, and why

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

thejahooli
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Re: Your absolute favorite games, and why

Post by thejahooli »

I'm only 12 so I never experienced any early games. I would have to say Pokemon Red because it was my first game and started my love of RPG's. After that I would have to say either Oblivion because of the massive amount of things to do and time I spent playing it or one of the Final Fantasy games.
I'll make your software hardware.
thisisnotanick
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by thisisnotanick »

Hard to judge best game. The most fun I had was in Ultima Online I think. I ran a library for several years there, those were good times..
And I brought armies of sheeps and cows to the PVP areas with my herder. Its the only game Ive played where I felt free.
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

thisisnotanick wrote:The most fun I had was in Ultima Online I think.
Amen brotha! I absolutely loved UO. I've played just about every other MMO, but UO was the best by far.
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
MadPumpkin
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Octopia
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1-3, Genesis, Dreamcast, SNES, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C/++,Java,Py,LUA,XML
Location: C:\\United States of America\Utah\West Valley City\Neighborhood\House\Computer Desk

Post by MadPumpkin »

thejahooli wrote:I'm only 12 so I never experienced any early games.
lol im 13 and the first console we owned, i played, loved, raped, et cetera, was the SNES i loved that thing more then my own parents (which honestly isn't hard) then came NES, N64. and for a long time that stuff just stuck lol. eventually i ended up playing a Sega Genesis and instantly fell in love with it. FINALLY played a Sega DC which i still love to this day, its right under GameCube on my list of consoles xD
but PC still lies closest to my heart
Josh + PC = Gay_Love;

BUT anyways the games i really loved for these consoles are:
SNES: Zelda!!!( mostly A Link to the Past ), Demons Crest, Megaman( ALL OF THEM!!!! ), Mario Bros.
NES: Zelda( the first 3 ), Duck Hunt( dont ask why ), Mario Bros.
N64: Zelda Ocarina of Time, Zelda Majora's Mask, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong Racing, RUSH, Rampage, RampageII, Tarzan, Super Mario 64.
Sega Genesis: James Pond, James Pond2, Pac-Man Adventures2, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic and Tales, Sonic the Hedgehog2, Sonic and Knuckles.
Sega DreamCast: Phantasy Star Online ep1-4, Dynamite Cop,
and some others but my fingers are getting sore lol
While Jesus equipped with angels, the Devil's equipped with cops
For God so loved the world that he blessed the thugs with rock
cronjob00
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by cronjob00 »

Hard to say a favorite but a game I played a lot was counter strike I still play it every once in a while.
ismetteren
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by ismetteren »

I think i have to say GuildWars. The first and only(so far) game where i have found a clan of very nice peopel to play with. I dont play it anymore though, since the gameplay got a bit boring after 2-3 years of playing.

Its increadible how much more fun a game can be, when you play it with other peopel. Hopes to get the same kind of experience in quakelive, and when it comes, guildwars 2 :D
Image ImageImage Image
cplusplusnoob
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by cplusplusnoob »

hmm as a kid when i first started i liked spyro 1 and sled storm (witch no one seems to know exsists) but as of now final fantasy 1 weather it be nes psp or gba it's the definition of classic and it's still fun today. spyro was a platformer that reqired some skill and was a good challenge for a five year old while sled storm had no difficulty settings was hard and i can't get first every time today good music although i've never heard anyone outside of my immidiate family talk about it. :)
I'm not modest, I'm brutally honest.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Please at least use capitalization, it'll make your posts a lot easier to read. Thanks.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
cplusplusnoob
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by cplusplusnoob »

Yeah, sorry. I'll start trying to use proper grammar as much as I can and thank you for the advice and tolerance toword my nievety.
I'm not modest, I'm brutally honest.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Legen of Zelda: Ocarina of Time all the way!!!!!!! That game is were all my childhood went, and it is the reason I am the nerd I am today :mrgreen:
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

Arce wrote:Of all the hundreds of games you've (hopefully) played, if you were to narrow it down to a single one or two titles, what would they be?

Also, what's your criteria when judging a game for something like this? Is it simply the best childhood memories, unforgettable gameplay, or maybe even a sub-par game that you played during a good/bad time in your life?

I'm interested, and I'll post mine once somebody else does. I'm interested to see what titles appear.
Arce, we're still waiting for your pick. ;)
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
ChrissyJ91
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1/2
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by ChrissyJ91 »

if I have to condense it down to a couple of genres its got to be final fantasy 8 for my favourite rpg (7 not far behind and the others not far behind that), adventure game wise its got to be medievil 1 a great game that I love to bits. my favourite survival horror game is a tossup between silent hill, resident evil 2 and forbidden siren with silent hill in the lead because of its sheer fun factor and almost unlimited replayability. fps wise I'm really not sure I guess it'd have to be cod 2 because of all the fun I've had on live so far dunno beyond that oh and powerstone 2 for the dreamcast; I used to have loads of fiun on that with my friends.
kostiak2
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by kostiak2 »

My game choice is:
  • Final Fantasy X
    Warcraft 3
    Half Life 2
    Indigo Prophecy
Simply because they all share a little element called "storytelling". For each one of those games, I felt like reading a good book while playing them (and I like good books). And as you can see, that's fully cross-genre, if the game has a good story, I stop to care about gameplay.
ultimatedragoon69
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: Pangea's quest (text ~tile~ based rpg)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, PC, playstation 1, Virtual Boy, Snes
Programming Language of Choice: c++

Post by ultimatedragoon69 »

My top all 3 favorite games are

Final Fantasy 3/6
StarCraft
Doom

Childish reason primarily.
Ewan
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Ewan »

Halo + Halo Custom Edition

:)

Because with CE there's pretty much endless gameplay. People are creating maps all the time. You can make your own everything :mrgreen: And it's just such a classic FPS.

Also, the old Runescape. Yeah, I said OLD. Don't like any of this new stuff, it's now a boring fail of a game compared to what it used to be :nono:
They pull out the truncheon, that's when the trouble starts.

'Cause when you've got a badge, the laws don't apply.