Magnavox Odyssey 2

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

bulls.bears2011
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Magnavox Odyssey 2

Post by bulls.bears2011 »

Hey guys. This is just a topic to talk about a great console that some people sadly don't know about. That was the Magnavox Oddysey 2. It was great, and I am finally getting one tomorrow. But that isn't what this topic was about. I just wanted people to discuss this great, forgotten landmark, that was the Odyssey 2. So please people, memories, thoughts, etc?
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: Magnavox Odyssey 2

Post by eatcomics »

Wow never heard of it. That thing is ooooold, waaaaaay before my time.... Oh well that never stopped me from noing about things before........
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Wow, even I don't know anything about it. I mean, I knew it existed, but that's about i. And where are you getting all the money for this awesome/badass collection of yours? :shock:
programmerinprogress
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: some crazy stuff, i'll tell soon :-)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++!

Post by programmerinprogress »

I've heard of one, many people say it's the machine that kicked off home gaming, but that's all I know, will be nice to see some pictures of it in action!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I can program pretty well, it's my compiler that needs convincing!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now a joke to lighten to mood :D

I wander what programming language anakin skywalker used to program C3-PO's AI back on tatooine? my guess is Jawa :P
bulls.bears2011
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by bulls.bears2011 »

Well, about the money... I got a bunch of money for Christmas which got me a lot of stuff. Then, I sold my Wii for 200, which is still buying me stuff. So, yeah. And about seeing one in action, you can go to this company channel on youte (http://www.youtube.com/inecomcompany) and he has a bunch of videos for reviews of some games for the console and some interesting facts. I would check that out if I were you. Also, if you recall the scene in the first Vacation movie, where he is on the computer and going over their vacation plans, then the kid tries to eat the car....well, that is a Magnavox Odyssey 2!!!!!!!!
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

GyroVorbis wrote:Wow, even I don't know anything about it. I mean, I knew it existed, but that's about it
ditto
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs