SO I FINALLY BEAT FFX.

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

SO I FINALLY BEAT FFX.

Post by Falco Girgis »

Jesus christ, it's about time. I started it at the beginning of last summer, and I have been playing on and off (mostly off with months in between sessions). I have decided that it's finally time to end it, so I can get on with my FF quest.

So far I have beaten 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11 (well, played), 12.

AS FOR FINAL FANTASY 10: Jesus christ, the end of the game started to get annoying. How many goddamn last bosses are there? Starting at Yunalesca, the game leads you to believe that every boss will be the last one. Even the party is like "this will be our final fight." Then you find out that you still have 10+ hours and at least 10 more annoying ass bosses to go...

I very much enjoyed the Jecht fight (best part of the end of the game). The heavy metal music with growling vocals added a nice touch of badassery that the game started to lack towards the end.

THEN WHAT THE HELL!?!? The Yu Yevon fight that you can't lose. I had NO MP. So the "cast reflect" strategy didn't work. I was seriously out of MP with every goddamn character, and I had no MP restoring items. I was seriously about to turn off the PS2 after 20 minutes and never touch FFX again. Then I realized that I could fill up Rikku's overdrive and "mix" something. So I look up the mixture tables and sure enough, I was able to make a "Final Elixer." If it weren't for that, I would have lost the unlosable last boss fight, and I probably would have punched a fucking brick wall in anger.

And the ending, wtf. I'm surprised that Tidus actually left. I figured that they would be like "omg, you can stay in Spira and have seks with Yuna." And to be honest, I think Tidus is gay, because he hadn't already tapped that...

The part where he high-fived his dad and Auron in the clouds was cool.

BUT THEN at the very end he is swimming with a stupid smile on his face in the ocean. Is that implying that he actually did go back to Spira!?
cypher1554R
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Re: SO I FINALLY BEAT FFX.

Post by cypher1554R »

Haha xD

I remember last boss Jecht handing over my ass to me a few times, at that point I got really pissed, so I went back around the world into one of the optional dungeons and trained for about.. one whole day :D

Almost every of my team members could easily deal 99 999 damage. I murdered him and that yu yevon thingy in a minute.

The game was pretty good. I really enjoyed it.

The weirdest boss fight in the game to me was the one with Sin on that airship. He pulls the airship to swallow you in just a few turns..? O_o Maybe I didn't observe good enough for auxiliary options, but my all time favorite summon dealt with it, just like anything I couldn't find answer for xD
You probably know that I'm talking about Jojimbo 8-)
I handed over 100grand and he said "hell yea!" :lol:
kadajett
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by kadajett »

I loved that game!!! But that and number 7 are the only ones I have beaten :(

I would have to say that ffX actually made me wanna make games :P
M_D_K
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by M_D_K »

Yay you did it! I knew you would :)

Also I don't recommend punching a brick wall, it hurts a shitload. A door on the other hand, not so bad ;)
Gyro Sheen wrote:you pour their inventory onto my life
IRC wrote: <sparda> The routine had a stack overflow, sorry.
<sparda> Apparently the stack was full of shit.
Moosader
Game Developer
Game Developer
Current Project: Find out at: http://www.youtube.com/coderrach
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, NES, SNES, PS2, PS1, DS, PSP, X360, WII
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Moosader »

Time to pick up X-2!

And no, he doesn't return to Spira. It's assumed he disappears, and at the beginning of X-2, Yuna finds a movie sphere thing with a video of a guy who looks like Tidus in a cage, so you and your Charlies Angels go running around to try to find him, meanwhile getting wrapped up in the two new religion battle things.
I don't remember it much, the dialog is god awful, and I quit when I got stuck in a place near the end and was too weak to keep playing.
(I do kinda like the leveling, 'tis like FF5 in a way)
Levio91
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Levio91 »

LusikkaMage wrote:Time to pick up X-2!

And no, he doesn't return to Spira. It's assumed he disappears, and at the beginning of X-2, Yuna finds a movie sphere thing with a video of a guy who looks like Tidus in a cage, so you and your Charlies Angels go running around to try to find him, meanwhile getting wrapped up in the two new religion battle things.
I don't remember it much, the dialog is god awful, and I quit when I got stuck in a place near the end and was too weak to keep playing.
(I do kinda like the leveling, 'tis like FF5 in a way)
FF5 is my favorite 2d final fantasy game. ff10 was my favorite overall final fantasy game though.

@gyrovorbis Now you should play lost odyssey its made by the guy who made the final fantasy series.
"Criticism is something you can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing. " - Aristotle

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
Moosader
Game Developer
Game Developer
Current Project: Find out at: http://www.youtube.com/coderrach
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, NES, SNES, PS2, PS1, DS, PSP, X360, WII
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Moosader »

Liking Lost Odyssey will really depend on your tastes. I only rented it and didn't get very far, but it just rubbed me the wrong way.
The whole intro is just wtf, plus the weird hats with circle-holes the army guys wear. Then you find a memory fragment and are treated to... shittons of text. In a next gen game. :P
But yeah, I didn't get very far because my 360 was at Brandon's all week.

Damn Kaim can run, though.