We have been hacked.

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

We have been hacked.

Post by Falco Girgis »

I don't know by who or why, but somebody has decided that it would be funny to hack into our admin panel and have a little fun. They screwed with my permissions (which are now restored) and nearly infiltrated our FTP.

I'm taking precautionary measures to ensure that this will never happen again. Be warned whoever the fuck you are, I will find you, and you will pay!
M_D_K
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC

Re: We have been hacked.

Post by M_D_K »

WTF how?

phpBB is really secure! That guy must be good
Gyro Sheen wrote:you pour their inventory onto my life
IRC wrote: <sparda> The routine had a stack overflow, sorry.
<sparda> Apparently the stack was full of shit.
Moosader
Game Developer
Game Developer
Current Project: Find out at: http://www.youtube.com/coderrach
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, NES, SNES, PS2, PS1, DS, PSP, X360, WII
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Moosader »

Oh crap.
I thought you guys were supposed to, you know, not suck at protecting your server?
Be careful, though. Would suck to have the site/forums go down NOW after getting more popular on the 'Tubes
sparda
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by sparda »

Hold on, do you guys run your own server or work through a hosting service? I'm just curious (**sparda goes and prepares his linux machine for a night of DoS attacks, tracing, pinging and netstating...).
M_D_K
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC

Post by M_D_K »

sparda wrote:Hold on, do you guys run your own server or work through a hosting service? I'm just curious (**sparda goes and prepares his linux machine for a night of DoS attacks, tracing, pinging and netstating...).
I'm doing the same! Gonna find this guy and fuck him up!
Gyro Sheen wrote:you pour their inventory onto my life
IRC wrote: <sparda> The routine had a stack overflow, sorry.
<sparda> Apparently the stack was full of shit.
Andy K.
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Andy K. »

DEDEDE REPORTING FOR DUTY. I'LL UNLEASH NIGHTMARES ONTO THE NONBELIEVERS. YOU WILL PAY FOR SUCH DISRESPECT TO THE ELYSIAN SHADOWS' THRONE!
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

... :/
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

sparda wrote:Hold on, do you guys run your own server or work through a hosting service? I'm just curious (**sparda goes and prepares his linux machine for a night of DoS attacks, tracing, pinging and netstating...).
what the fuck does that even mean?
as if pinging from a Linux machine is any different from X machine.
tracing?? dos attacks.... netstating... oh boy. someone watched hackers one to many times.

if you had said nmap,SYN flood,
i might have given you are least a scriptkiddy title.
now you just deserve a giggle.

i will give you my IP and my netstat IP. i will turn off my firewall and i guarantee you wont get anywhere.
Some person, "I have a black belt in karate"
Dad, "Yea well I have a fan belt in street fighting"
sparda
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by sparda »

Whoa! :lol: Out of left field, introducing avansuckscock. :mrgreen:

Hahaha, avansc you cunt, when did I say I was a web expert? You must really get off yourself insulting other people, like you did to bugmenot and me in the other thread. God, I swear... someone is becoming just like BJ around here, but I won't name names...

I said it to you once avansc, and I'll say it again: RELAX DUDE, RELAX. Don't bring your personal anger to the forums. JUST RELAX. :lol:

PS: Fix up your grammar dude, it sucks.
Diablo vt
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Diablo vt »

As soon as I read the title, I thought "BJ?" NO! Tis not BJ. I don't even know why I thought that, the bastard he is. He doesn't even know how to disable his own firewall. :nono:
There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.
crow478
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by crow478 »

Avansc is right. DoS and netstat is not going to get you anywhere near that guy.

Gyro if you are running your own server I suggest that you look into SQL Injection and securing your server.
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

sparda wrote:Whoa! :lol: Out of left field, introducing avansuckscock. :mrgreen:

Hahaha, avansc you cunt, when did I say I was a web expert? You must really get off yourself insulting other people, like you did to bugmenot and me in the other thread. God, I swear... someone is becoming just like BJ around here, but I won't name names...

I said it to you once avansc, and I'll say it again: RELAX DUDE, RELAX. Don't bring your personal anger to the forums. JUST RELAX. :lol:

PS: Fix up your grammar dude, it sucks.
the difference is i dont claim to be better than anyone.
go ask someone like pixelp what they think of me.

yeah im opinionated and an ass at best of times, but i apologize when i see that i am wrong.
(when bugmenot posted it was his first post, i assumed ignorantly that he was speaking out of opinion and not fact, i was however wrong, i quickly saw that he was very well equipped and knew probably more than me about certain things that were on topic, which at that point i apologized and stated so)

let me ask you this.

if someone made a post saying someone like, oh gee. im getting my VOODOO 93 machine ready and im gonna make GTA9.hijacked, with MMO capabilities,
in 6 miniuts. and add VR.

are you just gonna say. oh yeah not go ahead mate can wait 6 min to play it. i think not.
ps: just for the record i never said that falcos site is not hackable just that you pinging is not going to do anything.
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Building a 2D Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Sega Genesis and Xbox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by Trask »

Red wing reporting in.

But yeah, that really sucks. Glad to hear that you quickly got back into control... at least ES is popular enough for hackers to care? Guess it comes with the territory. Hope you get them or at least learn enough from this to prevent it from happening again.
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.
Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!
Martin Golding wrote: "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
sparda
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by sparda »

avansc wrote:
if someone made a post saying someone like, oh gee. im getting my VOODOO 93 machine ready and im gonna make GTA9.hijacked, with MMO capabilities,

are you just gonna say. oh yeah not go ahead mate can wait 6 min to play it. i think not.
ps: just for the record i never said that falcos site is not hackable just that you pinging is not going to do anything.
Oh man, here we go again.

Avan, your question is ridiculous. There is no way that what I wrote was even remotely comparable to your little analogy there. Your analogy, in fact, would warrant a rant, a debunk even. That is: what I wrote was more implicit, and CLEARLY not SPECIFYING ANYTHING.

But whatever, I'll be the bigger man in all of this and end it with this: Avansc, you leet great lord, would you ever forgive me not worshiping you great skillzzzzz?
:worship:
:bow:
Please forgive me master, I had no idea how your omnipotent coding aura affected me so.

BEHOLD your non-existent gramma... Ahem, I mean, BEHOLD you great coding skills... :mrgreen:
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

sparda wrote:
avansc wrote:

Oh man, here we go again.

Avan, your question is ridiculous. There is no way that what I wrote was even remotely comparable to your little analogy there. Your analogy, in fact, would warrant a rant, a debunk even. That is: what I wrote was more implicit, and CLEARLY not SPECIFYING ANYTHING.

But whatever, I'll be the bigger man in all of this and end it with this: Avansc, you leet great lord, would you ever forgive me not worshiping you great skillzzzzz?
:worship:
:bow:
Please forgive me master, I had no idea how your omnipotent coding aura affected me so.

BEHOLD your non-existent gramma... Ahem, I mean, BEHOLD you great coding skills... :mrgreen:
first of you twat, i never claimed to better at anything than you or someone else.
secondly, my comparison is not ridiculous, the fact that you think it is, is ridiculous.
yeah i went over the top, but its grounded in the same principal. if this was a security forum you would have gotten
alot worse than what i said. (and dont say something idiotic like, "well this is not a security forum")
just because you end it with a sarcastic plea does not make you the bigger man, it makes you a mental midget.

oh, and yea i have horrible grammar and spelling on here, the fact that english is not my first language or for that matter second, it should account for at
least some of it. but lets assume i cant construct well formed sentences. does that some how make my point moot or factitious?

you were the one starting with your cussing and ranting. calling me a CUNT if i recall.
where i come from if you call someone something like that you better stand your man.
which in real life im oh so sure you do all the time...