Games you'd like to see remade (or demade?)

Forum for the creative side of the game development process: art, music, storyline, gameplay, concepts, etc. Any sort of relevant discussion is welcome here.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

OrinCreed
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Re: Games you'd like to see remade (or demade?)

Post by OrinCreed »

Maevik wrote:
OrinCreed wrote:I'd like to see a few remade. For starters lets get some Rocket Knight Adventures in here. Also even though it's kind of shunned by Zelda fans I'd like a Zelda 2 remake. Another good one to remake would be Secret of Mana. I just feel like every Mana game after that fell very short of my expectations and I'd like to see the game with a fresh coat of paint. Super Metroid would be fun to polish too. Man I could go on forever.
I know some hardcore Zelda fans that absolutely love Zelda 2, so don't feel like you're alone in wanting to see it remade.

As for the Metroid remake, have you seen this:
http://metroidquarantine.com/metroid/fa ... oid-sr388/
Nice to know some people did appreciate Zelda 2. :) I hadn't seen that Metroid video before and holy crap that was awesome. I just pray they haven't been "foxed" by now. That always happens to awesome fan creations like the Chrono Trigger fan remake.
Bludklok
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: EnigmaCore
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, N64, Playstation1, Playstation2
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Bludklok »

Blast Corps for the N64. That game was the shit back in the N64 days. I played it for hours when I was a kid.

Link to a video of Blast Corps if you dont know what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPnzVyz2c7w
Youtube
Website
Current project: Enigma Core
MrGameProgrammer
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by MrGameProgrammer »

Sounds gay but
a remake ofthe first ever mrio game
Joeyotrevor
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Joeyotrevor »

MrGameProgrammer wrote:Sounds gay but
a remake ofthe first ever mrio game
Dude there's like 234 of them already...

Code: Select all

eb 0c 48 65 6c 6c 6f 20 77 6f 72 6c 64 21 31 d2 8e c2 30 ff b3 0a bd 02 7c b9 0b 00 b8 00 13 cd 10 eb fe
derbon
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Current Project: Big Nasty Enemies
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES SMS snes PC N64 PS2 Vectrex The Arcade Machine
Programming Language of Choice: C++, Perl

Post by derbon »

id love to see the original legend of zelda remade for ds, it would be TIGHT

id also want to see star fox for the nes
i think the best paint program would be microsoft paint + paint.NET+graphics gale + Paint shop Pro 7 + photoshop CS3, it would be called Paint Gale Pro Shop.NET,

http://youtube.com/gonduda
hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by hurstshifter »

Bludklok wrote:Blast Corps for the N64. That game was the shit back in the N64 days. I played it for hours when I was a kid.

Link to a video of Blast Corps if you dont know what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPnzVyz2c7w

Blast Corps was seriously underrated. Loved that game.

I would love to see an HD remake of A Link to the Past. Still top down adventure, just majorly updated graphics.
This image made me want it...vvv

Also that remake of Final Fantasy VII we've been hearing about for years. Come on Square.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
http://www.thenerdnight.com
OrinCreed
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by OrinCreed »

I know this is kind of an uninspired choice but I would love a Doom/Doom2 remake. Not something like Doom 3 though. I want it to be fast paced guns blazing demon slaughter. Doom 3 was OK but once you played through it the "surprise moments" didn't work as well and it felt like I was being pushed along.

I had started a MOD project for HL2 as a way to practice my modeling, but thanks to a HD failure I lost my computer. I have yet to see if I can salvage the lost work. I was going to give it a more comic bookish style rather than gritty and real.

I had started remaking the monsters with my own flair while trying to keep true to the feel of the original designs. Sadly I never got around to texturing any of them because I was focusing on the modeling. Maybe I will pick that up again someday if the data can be saved.

Here is an example of my redesigned Pinky. I have more if you guys wanna see.

ImageImage
Moosader
Game Developer
Game Developer
Current Project: Find out at: http://www.youtube.com/coderrach
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, NES, SNES, PS2, PS1, DS, PSP, X360, WII

Post by Moosader »

OrinCreed wrote:I know this is kind of an uninspired choice but I would love a Doom/Doom2 remake. Not something like Doom 3 though. I want it to be fast paced guns blazing demon slaughter. Doom 3 was OK but once you played through it the "surprise moments" didn't work as well and it felt like I was being pushed along.

I had started a MOD project for HL2 as a way to practice my modeling, but thanks to a HD failure I lost my computer. I have yet to see if I can salvage the lost work. I was going to give it a more comic bookish style rather than gritty and real.

I had started remaking the monsters with my own flair while trying to keep true to the feel of the original designs. Sadly I never got around to texturing any of them because I was focusing on the modeling. Maybe I will pick that up again someday if the data can be saved.

ImageImage
I know I've seen a version of Doom made with a 3D engine, where all the models and stuff are 3D, but I'm having trouble finding it. @_@

This might be it: http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/ ... age/172993

There's also a Quake 1 remake done with an engine that was, I think I heard, as good looking as Doom 3. I never played it though, 'cuz when I heard about it "back then" my computer was too poop.
OrinCreed
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by OrinCreed »

Moosader wrote:
OrinCreed wrote:I know this is kind of an uninspired choice but I would love a Doom/Doom2 remake. Not something like Doom 3 though. I want it to be fast paced guns blazing demon slaughter. Doom 3 was OK but once you played through it the "surprise moments" didn't work as well and it felt like I was being pushed along.

I know I've seen a version of Doom made with a 3D engine, where all the models and stuff are 3D, but I'm having trouble finding it. @_@

This might be it: http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/ ... age/172993

There's also a Quake 1 remake done with an engine that was, I think I heard, as good looking as Doom 3. I never played it though, 'cuz when I heard about it "back then" my computer was too poop.
Yeah I've seen a few version of the original doom Moded to have 3D models. But I was thinking of a more modern remake. I never heard of the Quake 1 remake though and I can't seem to find anything on it. That's something I would like to see. :)
Pickzell
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Pickzell »

Final Fantasy 3, for SNES, not for NES(the DS remake of that sucked by the way). Same Game, except with HD graphics, for next-gen consoles, not handhelds.
I'm an altogether bad-natured Cupid.
derbon
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Current Project: Big Nasty Enemies
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES SMS snes PC N64 PS2 Vectrex The Arcade Machine
Programming Language of Choice: C++, Perl

Post by derbon »

burgertime for da colecovision AND
Castlevania for da NES AND
starfox for da SNES
and the entire zelda series from basicaly all the nintendo systems except the Virtual Boy
i think the best paint program would be microsoft paint + paint.NET+graphics gale + Paint shop Pro 7 + photoshop CS3, it would be called Paint Gale Pro Shop.NET,

http://youtube.com/gonduda
hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by hurstshifter »

Pickzell wrote:Final Fantasy 3, for SNES, not for NES(the DS remake of that sucked by the way). Same Game, except with HD graphics, for next-gen consoles, not handhelds.

The DS remake of FF3 was great. I really can't imagine why you would say otherwise.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
http://www.thenerdnight.com
Pickzell
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Pickzell »

hurstshifter wrote:
Pickzell wrote:Final Fantasy 3, for SNES, not for NES(the DS remake of that sucked by the way). Same Game, except with HD graphics, for next-gen consoles, not handhelds.

The DS remake of FF3 was great. I really can't imagine why you would say otherwise.
It was way too tedious for me. Kill kill kill for hours, beat the boss, kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill for hours, beat the boss, repeat, repeat. I hate games that focus on job levels, plus the music was super mega hella annoying.
I'm an altogether bad-natured Cupid.
rolland
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: Starting an Android app soon
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1, N64

Post by rolland »

How about The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess? I'm not saying that it was a bad game--just that it didn't seem to have the same soul as the older ones did.
I'll write a signature once I get some creativity and inspiration...
Firzen
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: Space Game
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, Gamecube, Pandora
Programming Language of Choice: C,C++,C#

Post by Firzen »

hurstshifter wrote:
I would love to see an HD remake of A Link to the Past. Still top down adventure, just majorly updated graphics.
This image made me want it...vvv

Also that remake of Final Fantasy VII we've been hearing about for years. Come on Square.
I second both. Where'd you get that Zelda pic from? If it was an article I'd like the URL.

As for me I'd like some more Grandia title, especially as they didn't release Grandia 3 in germany. :x