My Decision is C++

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer, any questions, help, or just talk of any language will be welcomed here.

Moderator: Coders of Rage

bulls.bears2011
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

My Decision is C++

Post by bulls.bears2011 »

hey, just wanted to let everyone know that I have decided to learn C++. I already have a book, SAM'S TEACH YOURSELF C++ IN 24 HOURS. So, that is what I am using. Well, thanks. Please reply
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Re: My Decision is C++

Post by Falco Girgis »

You have made the right choice. Though I'm sure everybody here would recommend Sam's teach yourself C++ in 21 days.
XianForce
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by XianForce »

GyroVorbis wrote:You have made the right choice. Though I'm sure everybody here would recommend Sam's teach yourself C++ in 21 days.
ya, it probably won't be as good, but its from the same company so it has to be at least decent.
programmerinprogress
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: some crazy stuff, i'll tell soon :-)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++!

Post by programmerinprogress »

bulls.bears2011 wrote:hey, just wanted to let everyone know that I have decided to learn C++. I already have a book, SAM'S TEACH YOURSELF C++ IN 24 HOURS. So, that is what I am using. Well, thanks. Please reply
I just finished reading that book last night!

Gyro mentioned the 21 days edition, I'm curious if there's actually much difference between these books, I don't have a clue really, but if there is, I might get myself a copy.

*after looking at amazon.co.uk*
I think the big difference is the 21 day edition covers STL and file streams, the first 2 of the 4 parts the book is split into, is basically the 24 hour edition.

PS: sams publishing have decided to make things even more interesting by renaming the series to make it that more confusing!, sams teach yourself C++ in 21 days is now called *drum roll* sams teach yourself C++ in one hour a day!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I can program pretty well, it's my compiler that needs convincing!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now a joke to lighten to mood :D

I wander what programming language anakin skywalker used to program C3-PO's AI back on tatooine? my guess is Jawa :P
davidthefat
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Fully Autonomous Robot
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by davidthefat »

GyroVorbis wrote:You have made the right choice. Though I'm sure everybody here would recommend Sam's teach yourself C++ in 21 days.
Beginning C++ by John Smiley is good and I forgot what it was called but its not C++ for dummies but its by the same company...
bulls.bears2011
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by bulls.bears2011 »

You have made the right choice. Though I'm sure everybody here would recommend Sam's teach yourself C++ in 21 days.
I would have gotten that book, had I known about it before I purchased SAM'S TEACH YOURSELF C++ IN 24 HOURS, which I purchased about a year ago.
davidthefat
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Fully Autonomous Robot
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by davidthefat »

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dummies ... MMING.html
'

that is some epic book, goes abit into advanced topics

http://newdata.box.sk/bx/c/