The Chaos Rft 20 years from now???!!!???

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: The Chaos Rft 20 years from now???!!!???

Post by eatcomics »

JS Lemming wrote:hahaa... I remember when Gyro used to write "thechaosrift.com" on scraps of paper and drop them in the halls at school.
Dude that's a good way to promote your site, then you know leave some on some random desks so the person who sits there the next hour will see it XD

But still.... 1337 points...
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

JS Lemming wrote:hahaa... I remember when Gyro used to write "thechaosrift.com" on scraps of paper and drop them in the halls at school.
Reminds me of how I get rid of my trash / conduct psychology experiments here at school. I accidentally burned an .iso file to a DVD-R (it was never decompressed), so the disc was junk. I wrote "Family Guy Seasons 1-6" on it with a permanent marker, put it upside-down on the floor just inside our dorm's entrance, and timed how long it took for someone to pick it up. 15 minutes I do believe. I heard the conversation down the hall, "What's it say? Family guy. Fuck yes!" 8-)
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
pritam
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Amiga, PSOne, NDS
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by pritam »

dandymcgee wrote:
Reminds me of how I get rid of my trash / conduct psychology experiments here at school. I accidentally burned an .iso file to a DVD-R (it was never decompressed), so the disc was junk. I wrote "Family Guy Seasons 1-6" on it with a permanent marker, put it upside-down on the floor just inside our dorm's entrance, and timed how long it took for someone to pick it up. 15 minutes I do believe. I heard the conversation down the hall, "What's it say? Family guy. Fuck yes!" 8-)
ROFL, good one ;)
GroundUpEngine
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: mixture
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by GroundUpEngine »

pritam wrote:
dandymcgee wrote:
ROFL, good one ;)
lol awesome! :)
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

But still.... 1337 points...
I completely agree with eatcomics. The 1337 point system we used to have here was a very creative and fun idea. (I vote for bringing them back)

-sigh- seeing all these ancient topics remind me of when I was once a youngyin' lol I am of the original members here haha! I remember when this was merely a fanboy website and we used to have a comics section where everyone would create their own cheap little sprite sheet comics parodying off of video games then post them up for everyone to see.

Makes me wonder if someone still has those old comics tucked away in a file somewhere...