Wings Of Apocalypse

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

rekcah
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Wings Of Apocalypse

Post by rekcah »

First of all, I have to say, I've been checkin' out the gyrovorbis youtube page for quite some time now and it is very entertaining to say the least. Watching those videos made the development of my game much easier to deal with since I'm the only programmer on my team.

Wings Of Apocalypse, in a nutshell, is a 3D vertical shoot em up ,but under the hood it's much more than that! We have a very elaborate story, incredible art work, awesome 3D art, original music (recorded professionally) and some cool voice acting to top it all off! Okay... maybe I bragged a little too much in that last sentence but I've been working on this game for a year now, I think I've earned my bragging rights lol ! Anyway, check the project out at :
http://www.wingsofapocalypse.com !

I just submitted a demo of WoA (Wings Of Apocalypse) to the Indie Game Festival last weekend and we should be ready to release a playable demo to the public sometime at the end of this month or early December! By the way, has anyone else here submitted a game to the IGF? I'm curious about the competition lol !
cypher1554R
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Re: Wings Of Apocalypse

Post by cypher1554R »

That's really good looking, from top to bottom. Nothing much I can say about it.. You guys clearly know what you're doing. Keep it up! *Expecting a good release.*

PS: Your concept artist totally rox.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Wow, that is looking fantastic! Good luck to you all!
M_D_K
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC

Post by M_D_K »

WOW! That stuff is kick ass. I really can't say more except that it all totally rules!
Gyro Sheen wrote:you pour their inventory onto my life
IRC wrote: <sparda> The routine had a stack overflow, sorry.
<sparda> Apparently the stack was full of shit.
programmerinprogress
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: some crazy stuff, i'll tell soon :-)
Programming Language of Choice: C++!

Post by programmerinprogress »

I just looked at a few of your videos on the site, and you've demonstrated some really good stuff there, good luck!

BTW, I like the choice of name, but thats just a side point :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I can program pretty well, it's my compiler that needs convincing!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now a joke to lighten to mood :D

I wander what programming language anakin skywalker used to program C3-PO's AI back on tatooine? my guess is Jawa :P
rekcah
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by rekcah »

Wow! Thanks for the awesome feed back !!! You guys make me feel much better about this project !! Its hard being the only programmer.. I wanted to give up plenty but just reading these comments made it all worth while! Can't wait to release the demo so you guys can play it!

Also, all the in-game videos on the site don't show what the game currently looks like. So , hopefully, You'll be in for a surprise when we release the demo :D !

BTW, check out my youtube page if you like! I have a lot of videos of me playing he drums but deep down in there somewhere I have some reverse engineering, war driving and AI programming tutorial videos: www.youtube.com/weekendwarrior4life .

THANKS AGAIN!!
XianForce
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by XianForce »

Badass I must say!
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

Very nice! I love the concept art for Stage 1 & 2.

What language / APIs are you using?
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
rekcah
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by rekcah »

trufun202 wrote:Very nice! I love the concept art for Stage 1 & 2.

What language / APIs are you using?
The project started off in C++ but then I ended up porting it over to Java lol..... That sounds backwards, I know, but there's some good reasoning behind my decision making! The first reason is pretty obvious. I wanted to port the game to as many platforms as possible and if I use Java that would cut down the amount of work I would have to do in order to achieve this. The other reasons basically boil down to the fact that I was lazy and I was tired of dealing with memory management problems in C++ lol. Although, I still had to write some plugins and wrapper classes to get performance boosts and increased compatibility.

The whole game and engine was written from the ground up using the OpenGL API
rekcah
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by rekcah »

I hate to double post , but I just wanted to let you guys know that there's a new trailer of the game on the site! Check it out! http://www.wingsofapocalypse.com !
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES

Post by Falco Girgis »

For some weird reason, I'm getting a "Page cannot be displayed" with the above link at work.

But then again, you never know with our connection. Is it working for you? I will have to check it out when I go home.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Works here
Edit: Oh yeah, and looks sweet
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
programmerinprogress
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: some crazy stuff, i'll tell soon :-)
Programming Language of Choice: C++!

Post by programmerinprogress »

rekcah wrote:I hate to double post , but I just wanted to let you guys know that there's a new trailer of the game on the site! Check it out! http://www.wingsofapocalypse.com !

the scenery in your new demo was magnificent, the urban backdrop is a really interesting, good luck!
I think I can program pretty well, it's my compiler that needs convincing!
And now a joke to lighten to mood :D

I wander what programming language anakin skywalker used to program C3-PO's AI back on tatooine? my guess is Jawa :P
Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Post by Arce »

Oh, shit! How'd I miss this page!?

Looks incredible! Keep up the great work! I'll be eagerly watching your progress.
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

rekcah wrote:Wow! Thanks for the awesome feed back !!! You guys make me feel much better about this project !! Its hard being the only programmer.. I wanted to give up plenty but just reading these comments made it all worth while! Can't wait to release the demo so you guys can play it!

Also, all the in-game videos on the site don't show what the game currently looks like. So , hopefully, You'll be in for a surprise when we release the demo :D !

BTW, check out my youtube page if you like! I have a lot of videos of me playing he drums but deep down in there somewhere I have some reverse engineering, war driving and AI programming tutorial videos: http://www.youtube.com/weekendwarrior4life .

THANKS AGAIN!!
i watched some of your videos, and yeah, sorry to say, you are a script kiddy, and thats fine. but id rather concentrate on one things than be a jack of all master of none. ps: your reverse engineering / cracking is not doing what you are suppose to, you are just going to the end. you need to try and figuer out what the encryption/password schema is. anyways. dont do illigal things and put it on youtube, thats just plain arrogant and stupid.
Some person, "I have a black belt in karate"
Dad, "Yea well I have a fan belt in street fighting"