What projects are you currently working on?

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

ismetteren
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Re: What projects are you currently working on?

Post by ismetteren »

Have i ever told about when i put the 19V adaptor from my laptop into my extern HD?
Image ImageImage Image
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

ismetteren wrote:Have i ever told about when i put the 19V adaptor from my laptop into my extern HD?
How'd you manage that one..? Aren't they two entirely different connectors?

Oh, and to try to keep this somewhat on topic:

I'm working on a small test application with SDL and tolua++ to help me learn how to use tolua++. It doesn't really do anything right now other than open up a class to lua and allow you to run a script that draws a sprite to a position on the screen. Dunno if anything will become of it.

I'm also working on another demo app for a friend at school with SDL. It's a conceptual lockpick puzzle for a game he hopes to make one day. I thought it would be fun to program and he wanted to mess around with it.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
T.J.
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by T.J. »

Uhh... Not much really, sorta just screwin around in qbasic doing some pixel art and programming a scroller
YenTex
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by YenTex »

I started working on an RPG in blitzplus.
ismetteren
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by ismetteren »

dandymcgee wrote:
ismetteren wrote:Have i ever told about when i put the 19V adaptor from my laptop into my extern HD?
How'd you manage that one..? Aren't they two entirely different connectors?
Thats what i thought... but no.

Btw, i am working on some kind of platformer, but right now i am just doing basic game stuff like making a render class and such.
Image ImageImage Image
programmerinprogress
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: some crazy stuff, i'll tell soon :-)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++!

Post by programmerinprogress »

I've been totally avalanched with work, therefore, the game I was working on/improving has had to get in line and take a number for my attention, but i'm still working on it (and there should be plenty of time very soon when all of my deadlines come up)

Despite the major lack of work, I have improved the AI vastly, and i'm working on some new sprites.

As a side note, i'm also reading up on some XHTML and CSS to spruce up my site (or rather, take down my crappy template site, get off my arse, and build my own!) :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I can program pretty well, it's my compiler that needs convincing!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now a joke to lighten to mood :D

I wander what programming language anakin skywalker used to program C3-PO's AI back on tatooine? my guess is Jawa :P
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

programmerinprogress wrote:I've been totally avalanched with work, therefore, the game I was working on/improving has had to get in line and take a number for my attention, but i'm still working on it (and there should be plenty of time very soon when all of my deadlines come up)

Despite the major lack of work, I have improved the AI vastly, and i'm working on some new sprites.

As a side note, i'm also reading up on some XHTML and CSS to spruce up my site (or rather, take down my crappy template site, get off my arse, and build my own!) :)
hmmm, sounds like your busy, me I've been sitting on my arce doing nothing... I've actually been planning a new game but it's in the concepts phase no telling where it will go... I will soon have plenty of time to work on it though that much I can assure you.... and I may try and go back and finish up my old projects...
Rada
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Rada »

I'm working on a navigation jQuery pluggin that does css manipulation of the current page on the front end, instead of on the back end through php. It will allow our projects to be coded faster by resolving conflict between navigation coding practices on various content management platforms.

I'm also modeling a low poly version of New Haven, CT for a 3d interactive website.

Outside of work I'm working on my character movement engine. Its being developed to assist in character movement so that it doesnt look like my characters/enemies are sliding as they move. It will also make it so characters/enemies can walk up stairs and ramps. I'd be happy to discuss this project with anyone who is interested.
"When the individual becomes aware of the part he can play in directing his own life --and when he accepts the responsibility that goes with the freedom of this inner authority -- then he is better able to sight his course of action with more accuracy." ~ Virginia M. Axline.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Rada wrote:Outside of work I'm working on my character movement engine. Its being developed to assist in character movement so that it doesnt look like my characters/enemies are sliding as they move. It will also make it so characters/enemies can walk up stairs and ramps. I'd be happy to discuss this project with anyone who is interested.
This is a rarity. I've only noted this -- specifically, actually stepping on stairs and ladders -- in one game (although for the life of me I can't think of which, offhand). GTA 4? Anyway, good luck to you.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Rada
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Rada »

MarauderIIC wrote:
Rada wrote:Outside of work I'm working on my character movement engine. Its being developed to assist in character movement so that it doesnt look like my characters/enemies are sliding as they move. It will also make it so characters/enemies can walk up stairs and ramps. I'd be happy to discuss this project with anyone who is interested.
This is a rarity. I've only noted this -- specifically, actually stepping on stairs and ladders -- in one game (although for the life of me I can't think of which, offhand). GTA 4? Anyway, good luck to you.
Thanks, its one of those 'life-works' sort of a project. I need all the luck I can get.

Here is some light reading material:
http://gpwiki.org/index.php/OpenGL:Tuto ... em_work.3F
"When the individual becomes aware of the part he can play in directing his own life --and when he accepts the responsibility that goes with the freedom of this inner authority -- then he is better able to sight his course of action with more accuracy." ~ Virginia M. Axline.
programmerinprogress
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: some crazy stuff, i'll tell soon :-)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++!

Post by programmerinprogress »

*Shamelessly plugging my game like a door-to-door salesman*

I hate to do this, but here it goes.

I mentioned about a month back that I was working on a game to show universities, well that game has been finished for a while, but is now up to my personal 'release' standard.

It's an arcade-style game, it's called Alien Invasion, will probably remind you of space invaders (but has distinctively different visuals, and the Enemy AI is different)

I've made a youtube video about it, which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BzDCEyreyc

and you can download it from my site here: http://programmerinprogress.com/page8.htm

Coincidently, the video goes into some detail about my current projects, so it fits in nicely with the topic of this thread :)

I can't wait to hear more from everyone else on this thread, it's always interesting to hear what other people are getting up to ;)

@eatcomics I know this is a little late, but I can't wait to see what you come up with in the near future, I always find that sometimes you end up coming up with a concept, and then you end up deviating from that concept and end up coming up making something completely different... or maybe that's just the beer :lol:
I think I can program pretty well, it's my compiler that needs convincing!
And now a joke to lighten to mood :D

I wander what programming language anakin skywalker used to program C3-PO's AI back on tatooine? my guess is Jawa :P
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

programmerinprogress wrote:*Shamelessly plugging my game like a door-to-door salesman*

I hate to do this, but here it goes.

I mentioned about a month back that I was working on a game to show universities, well that game has been finished for a while, but is now up to my personal 'release' standard.

It's an arcade-style game, it's called Alien Invasion, will probably remind you of space invaders (but has distinctively different visuals, and the Enemy AI is different)

I've made a youtube video about it, which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BzDCEyreyc

and you can download it from my site here: http://programmerinprogress.com/page8.htm

Coincidently, the video goes into some detail about my current projects, so it fits in nicely with the topic of this thread :)

I can't wait to hear more from everyone else on this thread, it's always interesting to hear what other people are getting up to ;)

@eatcomics I know this is a little late, but I can't wait to see what you come up with in the near future, I always find that sometimes you end up coming up with a concept, and then you end up deviating from that concept and end up coming up making something completely different... or maybe that's just the beer :lol:
Heh nice game PiP it is extremely addictive... I left a couple of comments... and ummm thanks for the support... and ummmm make more videos :)))))
Robotwo
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Robotwo »

Right now I'm trying to get started programming for a console after reading a little about Z80 assembly ,
So I'm making a port of Pickin' Sticks for the Sega MasterSystem ...
Have progressed quite a bit over the weekend but haven't managed to fix the sound yet :roll: .
teamtwentythree
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by teamtwentythree »

I'm just trying to get off my ass long enough to get something done.

This week was spent rewritting my network code from using plaintext in my messages/packets to a psuedo binary version. Uggh. But reducing message size by 63% is a decent trade off I guess.
Ginto8
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++, Java

Post by Ginto8 »

Well, if I ever get around to finishing my graphics engine, I'll be working on making a Pokemon clone by the name of GintoMon :lol: 8-)
Quit procrastinating and make something awesome.
Ducky wrote:Give a man some wood, he'll be warm for the night. Put him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.