JForce vs. GyroVorbis

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

programmerinprogress
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: some crazy stuff, i'll tell soon :-)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++!

Re: JForce vs. GyroVorbis

Post by programmerinprogress »

MarauderIIC wrote:Concept artists can be beneficial if your project is large enough...

while thats true, a 4:1 ratio of concept artists to programmers seems a little... excessive?

having a vision is fair enough, but not being able to implement it due to a lack of programmers ( also having one programmer doing everything could lead to complacancy in terms of writing efficient and understandable code) is a big mistake IMO
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I can program pretty well, it's my compiler that needs convincing!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now a joke to lighten to mood :D

I wander what programming language anakin skywalker used to program C3-PO's AI back on tatooine? my guess is Jawa :P
ultimatedragoon69
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: Pangea's quest (text ~tile~ based rpg)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, PC, playstation 1, Virtual Boy, Snes
Programming Language of Choice: c++

Post by ultimatedragoon69 »

i believe in the way of the programmer. You can create the game and have it cool as long as you have enough of these. Programmers natural habitat coerce with many object thus giving them the abilities to function in the real world. Jforce unfortunately has never experienced this subtle way of life, And the programmer they do have has been raised in an environment with people unlike him in every way. In turn this has created a powerfully disruptive bunch, but don't blame them it was the way they have learned to speak with others. *rambles a few more lines.*

lol sorry bout that its kinda late here and i wanted to talk a little nonsense about jforce. I do have to say though i wish the 1 programmer they do have would just drop that team now and just do the work himself. Having a team like that imo only bogs him down. These are only my opinions, and because i'm lazy can easily change. So ... have a nice day.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: jforce vs gyrovorbis

Post by eatcomics »

Am I the only one that thought falco getting punched was funny??? :lol:
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

eatcomics wrote:Am I the only one that thought falco getting punched was funny??? :lol:
YES... no, I lolled. But that was the only part.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

I commented and this is how they responded:
Me
I think people would be less hateful, if you stopped saying that your going to sell your game....

Them
Why? What's wrong with selling our game and trying to make this our career. We are passionate about game development so we want this to be our job.

Also, you are not allowed to release XNA games for free on Xbox, you have to sell them. So it's getting sold either way.
Decent response huh?
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

I think that whether they are selling their game or not has absolutely nothing to do with them being complete arrogant assholes. It was a decent response, yeah. I disagree with your statement completely.
Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Post by Arce »

eatcomics wrote:Am I the only one that thought falco getting punched was funny??? :lol:
I thought it was pretty lame-ass.

The ONE funny part in the video had to be when they displayed the picture of Falco and Cole climbing the overpass....XD

Though, ironically, that just goes to show that they've got enough of a vested interest in us to create a fake facebook account and befriend Gyro. :lol:
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

It is strange that the only entertaining part contained falco...
cronjob00
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by cronjob00 »

eatcomics wrote:I commented and this is how they responded:
Me
I think people would be less hateful, if you stopped saying that your going to sell your game....

Them
Why? What's wrong with selling our game and trying to make this our career. We are passionate about game development so we want this to be our job.

Also, you are not allowed to release XNA games for free on Xbox, you have to sell them. So it's getting sold either way.
Decent response huh?
Yeah I agree I have no problem with them selling there game. My only problem is that they are arrogant and I don't think they understand how hard it is to make an good indie game that will make enough money to make it worth selling.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

yeah afterword I said something about that being another cause, then I said somethig about it being ok if your just kidding around, like you guys and marcel saying the other isn't doing anything, but people take it seriously so if your just being entertaining and not serious you should probably let people know. If there kidding there not doing a lot of good by chalenging Gyro...
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

I has responded.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

GyroVorbis wrote:I has responded.
(Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRC5NNv5L8U )
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Merging topic should have done it sooner =) (to tell threads apart, "re: jforce" vs "re: JForce")
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
patio87
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by patio87 »

Screw them, I can't stand them. I was one of the first that was calling them out about how obnoxious they were and a complete rip off. The "business guy" even went ahead and wrote a massive article on his forum replying to me about how his team needed a business side, and how important he is. Give me a break. The guy has no skills in programming or art, you are useless.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

He must have really hated you too, because his "fake" forum account that he used to provoke people was named "patio."