Software Engineering...

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer, any questions, help, or just talk of any language will be welcomed here.

Moderator: Coders of Rage

dejai
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Software Engineering...

Post by dejai »

Hey guys I was just wondering what you all thought of Software Engieering as a degree to get into software development both in gaming and / or operating system programming.
NeonNinja♦
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Re: Software Engineering...

Post by NeonNinja♦ »

I know that you will make lots of money :mrgreen:

:: Don't end up like Vista >.>::

EDIT: Vista is OK but it isn't great :P No means of offending anyone i have it to ....
"Java is C++ without the guns, knives, and clubs" <------- So true.
sparda
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Re: Software Engineering...

Post by sparda »

Forget about Software Engineering, it sucks. Falco and I have already discussed this :mrgreen: dejai, if you're thinking of going to school, concentrate on a real degree like Lusikka, Marauder and I, its better, just because... it is? :lol:

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I personally don't know about software engineering curriculum in generality, but according to someone, its analogous to a red-mage-type of job where you deal with both electrical engineering and computer science principles. Personally, I don't think it really matters what you major in as long as you are a self-learner that is. Almost everyone that I've witnessed (that is extremely competent) is self-taught.