I decided not to go to school

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

I decided not to go to school

Post by Wutai »

Now I have nothing to do...
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Post by Arce »

Uh. Good for you?

This isn't fucking Myspace.

If it were my say, this would be straight to 'posts not to make.'
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

I realize that, but I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to try and start random conversation on the "General/Off-Topic" section. Sorry for being such an uninformed nuisance.
mofo joe
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by mofo joe »

.. seeing as this site is one of the few not blocked on school computers..
:roll:
Arce

Re: I decided not to go to school

Post by Arce »

Wutai wrote:Now I have nothing to do...
Sorry Wutai, don't quite understand how that is 'starting random conversation.' That post was not directed to any particular person, it didn't contain a question at all or anything that would signal a response, and was not thought provocative in the least...And last time I checked, a conversation involved the exchange of information between two persons or sources...And since that post was just your random shit targeted at nobody, it's not a conversation. Also, because it contained nothing to signal a response, it wasn't 'starting conversation' either.
Sorry for being such an uninformed nuisance.
Apology accepted.
:mrgreen:

And kids, remember old smokey:
mofo joe
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by mofo joe »

marcel you are mean. :|
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

Marcel, you're the most derogatory person I've ever met. Maybe It's just the kids I know, but most people try to relate stories they hear with stories of their own.

So maybe use the forum for actual communication, instead of shooting down everything you don't completely agree with?

EDIT:

AND! There doesn't seem to be any talking going on in here besides game developing, so why does it matter if you aren't in love with everything I say? I'm the only one saying anything! At least I try to start conversation!
You're the kind of guy who kills the fun it for all the normal, happy people who don't always feel the need to put others down!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Ignore Marcel.

What's up with you, Wutai? Any interesting stories of your away time to share with us friends here?
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

Yes, actually.

You guys always talked about sleeping on your trampoline and stuff, and I always thought it was cool. So last weekend, my neighbor and I were like "Let's go camping." So we set up poles on the two opposite ends of my trampoline, in between the springs. Then we got this enormous tarp and laid it on top of the poles. We took the other ends and tied them off to tree limbs and crap to keep them from blowing around. In the end, it looked rather like a large tent on top of my trampoline.
This is completely unorganized, I know. Sorry. BEFORE we did all of the things mentioned in the paragraph above, we had gone fishing in a fairly large creek flowing near my house. The place we fished at was near where the creek opens up into the Cumberland River, so the water was deeper, and the banks were much farther apart. We fished for a while, but let them all go because we were stupid. The water eventually got too deep for us to wade through, so we took a shortcut across a corn and tobacco field, where we had a nice lunch of old Pizza Hut bread sticks.
We finally made our way back to the creek, and fished more. We caught five fish, although they were all small. There were 3 bluegill, 1 skipjack, and 1 suckerfish. All in all it was probably only a couple pounds of fish. Anyway, we had been out for around 5 hours, so we called for my mom to come pick us up on a road that was close to the creek. We had to walk through another field to get to the road, but something in this one caught our attention. There was a small area with green, red, and orange peppers growing. We took a few to flavor the fish.
By the time we got back to the house, it was almost dark. We prepared the fish, and took them outside. We didn't want to catch the grass on fire, so we lit a fire inside of a large bucket we'd found, and cooked the fish. They were delicious, the peppers really made a difference. After finishing them up, we went to bed. It was extremely, extremely cold.

Then we camped again the next night, only with a real sleeping bag instead of my batman one. The end.