Meaning of Life

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

mofo joe
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by mofo joe »

When you die, you die. That's it. Why fear it? Your brain won't still be functioning so it's not like you'll be thinking to yourself "Oh crap I'm dead!" after you kick the bucket.
Huh.. i used to not care, but now I'm feeling really relaxed about the whole thing.

I Just want them to burn me when I die. I don't see the point in setting aside a piece of land for me when I'm not even around anymore to use it.
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

Females
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
mofo joe
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by mofo joe »

hm?
Showdin
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Showdin »

I think the bible was written as a guideline by the founding fathers or somewhere around that era. (not thousands of years ago like people lead you to beleive) But, I do think the bible is a good thing as long as its making people's lives better, and as long as people who beleive the bible don't try to push shit on others. As long as your keeping your thoughts to yourself and seeing from as many points of view as possible, how the fuck could you not live a good life? I mean, sure I draw pentagrams on everything when I'm around religious people just to make them look down upon me, but still, for me it's all fun and games because they're the ones that look upon other religions, and immediately interperate them false. To be frank, if there ever was a slight chance of hell existing, don't you think it would be more fun than heaven anyway? Sinning, doing whatever the fuck you want? Personally, I beleive in science. Bottomline, thats it. There have been so many scientific hints that suggest no god.
You are better than me.
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Showdin wrote:I think the bible was written as a guideline by the founding fathers or somewhere around that era. (not thousands of years ago like people lead you to beleive) But, I do think the bible is a good thing as long as its making people's lives better, and as long as people who beleive the bible don't try to push -blam!- on others. As long as your keeping your thoughts to yourself and seeing from as many points of view as possible, how the -KAZAAM!- could you not live a good life? I mean, sure I draw pentagrams on everything when I'm around religious people just to make them look down upon me, but still, for me it's all fun and games because they're the ones that look upon other religions, and immediately interperate them false. To be frank, if there ever was a slight chance of hell existing, don't you think it would be more fun than heaven anyway? Sinning, doing whatever the -KAZAAM!- you want? Personally, I beleive in science. Bottomline, thats it. There have been so many scientific hints that suggest no god.
Uh...dude...the bible was written throughout the first millenia and finalized shortly after 1200AD or so.

What are you on?
There is no signature.
Showdin
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Showdin »

Or thats what the people that wrote it want you to think.
You are better than me.
Dark Crusader
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by Dark Crusader »

There was this lady at my old church who thought dinosaurs were a government consperacy to undermine religion. Strange enough she was one of the nicest persons you will ever meet.
I just dont really care one way or the other. If there is a god who cares, if there isnt then I can just laugh it up at the religious peoples expence. I have more important things to worry about like whats good on tv. I think when people get too serious about anything its bad news, wether there athiest or religious. Zelots on either side should never be permited to procreate.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin
Netwatcher
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: The Awesome Game (Actual title)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Cabbage, Ground beef
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by Netwatcher »

I think the simplest answer for this is 42
"Programmers are the Gods of their tiny worlds. They create something out of nothing. In their command-line universe, they say when it’s sunny and when it rains. And the tiny universe complies."
-Derek Powazek, http://powazek.com/posts/1655

blip.fm DJ profile - http://blip.fm/Noobay
current code project http://sourceforge.net/projects/vulcanengine/
Kcirtap1990
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Kcirtap1990 »

Netwatcher wrote:I think the simplest answer for this is 42
Way to bring back a 2 year old topic, make me read 5 pages of it before I realize this, and put my opinion in, haha.

The meaning of life to me is simple, there is no meaning beyond what you create. Life is nothing more, and nothing less than what you make of it.
Netwatcher
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Netwatcher »

There is no meaning to life, there is no masterplan behind all of this, life get a meaning for you and the meaning changes as you grow up and understand the world better, life is made of choices and the meaning of life for you is a choice you have to make.

There is no right and wrong, good or evil, these are simply archetypes comic-book writers made.

It can be summed-up by one simple sentence:
"Everything is relative".
Last edited by Netwatcher on Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Programmers are the Gods of their tiny worlds. They create something out of nothing. In their command-line universe, they say when it’s sunny and when it rains. And the tiny universe complies."

Bludklok
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: EnigmaCore
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, N64, Playstation1, Playstation2

Post by Bludklok »

This topic was started back in 04... :nono:
Youtube
Website
Current project: Enigma Core
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I wonder if any of the moderators or administrators are going to do anything about ancient topics being brought up these days. I guess they have more important things to worry about haha! But, I should have to say that I also agree with that famous quote, "Everything is relative". I suppose that everyone is entitled to his/her beliefs regardless.
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Trying to make my first engine in C++ using OGL
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3

Post by LeonBlade »

I don't see why people get all crazy over bringing up old topics.
If people start posting on them again, who cares?

Here is the true meaning of life...
There's no place like ~/
Netwatcher
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Netwatcher »

I didn't quite get the joke ^

And... yea... I was just writing in a topic, seems pretty normal to me.
Also topics only get better with time... like wine, or... cheese, yea... cheese!

LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Trying to make my first engine in C++ using OGL
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3

Post by LeonBlade »

Netwatcher wrote:I didn't quite get the joke ^

And... yea... I was just writing in a topic, seems pretty normal to me.
Also topics only get better with time... like wine, or... cheese, yea... cheese!
I don't get the joke either... I just looked up "meaning of life" on Google Images and that's what came up...
There's no place like ~/