Meaning of Life

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Re: topic

Post by Marx Chaotix »

xB_forlife wrote:well that was a random topic. But u are rong. If u read the bible, you would know. And i'm not trying to say udont read the bible or anything, But any ways...
...I didnt know u were ten! I thought u were like 14 by looking at your icon.
Hey xb-forlife he said he was lying and he was actualy turning 12 soon also the topic took place a couple months ago so he is 12.

Post by Guest »

The Bible is only proof to those who have faith and believe in it. The Bible could be nothing more than made up stories and codes of conduct that has developed over the ages. There is no way to be certain, so it is not adequate evidence in proving that there is a god.

By arguing how I am, I do not intend to sound anti Christian. I am Christian. Maybe an undecided one, but I am Christian. Am I against other religions? No. Do I disagree with other religions? Yes. Do I disagree with Christianity in any way? Yes.
xB_forlife
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by xB_forlife »

oh, ok he's 12 kool
i love to skate & hang around with my frends.
http://bigskates.com/catalog/image/prod ... erican.gif
FredDibnah
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by FredDibnah »

Grizious wrote:The Bible is only proof to those who have faith and believe in it. The Bible could be nothing more than made up stories and codes of conduct that has developed over the ages. There is no way to be certain, so it is not adequate evidence in proving that there is a god.

By arguing how I am, I do not intend to sound anti Christian. I am Christian. Maybe an undecided one, but I am Christian. Am I against other religions? No. Do I disagree with other religions? Yes. Do I disagree with Christianity in any way? Yes.
I'm no expert or anything, but I'm guessing they have other accounts that support the Bible from that same time period (I'm not sure at all). And they've probably found old copies similar to ours today and carbon-dated them to make sure. I'm not sure, I'll google it.

Ah, here we go. Not what I was looking for, but it prooves the Bible has not changed over time.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/bibleorg.html
xB_forlife
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

right

Post by xB_forlife »

you are right fred, but any christian knows the bible is the only proof we need to prove god.
i love to skate & hang around with my frends.
http://bigskates.com/catalog/image/prod ... erican.gif
FredDibnah
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by FredDibnah »

And you are wrong. The Bible was written by men, not God, so it cannot be fully trusted. I believe in God, but not in everything the Bible says.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I beleive in god and the bible and I beleive that god told the men too wright the bible.
1st_Movement
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by 1st_Movement »

God inspired the Bible...sure some things in it can be wrong, but how do you know WHICH parts are incorrect? therefore, if you dont believe in parts of the Bible because its man made, you probably cant believe the whole thing.

and as for arce, just because someone doesnt put into practice new ideas doesnt mean they dont accept them. If I told you playing video games was wrong, surely you wouldnt agree? Thus, are you a moron just like the people who couldnt think that the earth was round? If you believe one thing, then other things HAVE To be wrong, or you dont believe in that thing.

Mans purpose in life is to glorify God. its really that simple...isnt it? God surely didnt create us to go through happiness and pain...cause that really isnt that...enjoyable. He created us because He loves us...

yeah. chances are I've offended someone. Please forgive me. These are all my views...and I believe them.

discuss! I love discussions...
want a cookie?

i love to write. if you love to read, PM me. :)
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

I don't really like to get into my views. I have a very undecided position on religion.

I say that we're here for... uhhh...

death, pain, misery, suffering, and torture
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

The only reason there is death and pain and ect is because there be a tun of evil peeps out there. Don't know what to do about the evil peoples..
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Abort them?
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Yes, and we can use are super evil detectors to find out who's bad too.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Why are you guys debating how to "prove god exists". You can't, so stop trying. It's called faith for a reason.
There is no signature.
Xylene

Post by Xylene »

The answer is 42. Now if only I knew the question. I need to find the second book in the series. I started and got about 70 pages in and then it disappeared.

Post by Guest »

and as for arce, just because someone doesnt put into practice new ideas doesnt mean they dont accept them. If I told you playing video games was wrong, surely you wouldnt agree? Thus, are you a moron just like the people who couldnt think that the earth was round? If you believe one thing, then other things HAVE To be wrong, or you dont believe in that thing.
...I said nothing about incorrectness. I said that xb_forlife was a moron for saying that we are all 'wrong' because we do not share his idea. Did I say that ANYONE here was wrong? No, I didn't. So, STFU, I have not said that anyone is incorrect, I just said that xb_forlife was acting like a moron because he thinks that anyone who does not believe in the bible 100% is wrong.