Ghetto publishing?

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Post by Arce »

I liked 'Ghetto Publishing' better...It'd probably attract more black people anyway.
Arce

Post by Arce »

Excuse my overly sarcastic racism. If you can't take a joke and take it offensive, go fuck yourself. :mrgreen:
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

JS Lemming wrote:I reckon I wouldn't need it. I've never heard of needing a license to sell some homemade crap on a CD.
I "reckon" you would. Anybody who sells shit on ebay or any other site for profit can and most likely will be audited for running a business--at which point you need a business license, records of all transactions, and financial records as well, and you will have to pay taxes on it. Unless you only sell like 2 or 3 per year.
There is no signature.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

But I know people who sell tuns of crap on ebay all the time and they don't bother with licenses. My sis's boiiii friend sells and buys hundreds of dollars worth of baseball cards every week (as a mini business)... and no license.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Arce

Post by Arce »

There's a difference in selling, and reselling. To manufacture your own goods is a totally different thing--Unless you want to put a label that says "Homebrew" on every game, and a "Don't steal or die" I suggest you stick with a publisher.
Showdin
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Showdin »

Yeah dude. Someone could just take your game and get it published if you don't have it published or copyrighted before you sell it. *Someone makes a fortune of JSL's game :mariocoin: :mariocoin: :mariocoin:
You are better than me.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Maybe they won't steal it if I act like I copyrighted it and have the word copyright all over everything...
Arce

Post by Arce »

Then get sued up the ass when they find out your selling a product with inaccurate info on it?
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I predict that this scenerio you guys are talking about just isn't going to happen... I mean, I assume that there aren't enough people who buy homebrew games. Wait, why am I trying to justify anything? I'm not going to publish correctly. It's ghetto and it's going to be fun. Who knows what's going to happen!
Arce

Post by Arce »

It isn't. We are just

A) giving you a hard time
B) expressing our scorn for your word usage
C) wondering why you don't just use the GoatStore

And btw, I thought you weren't working on a project. Isn't publification the LAST step of a game?
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Well beings as I am ultra busy right now due to school coming to an end and AP exams popping up everywhere, I'm not physicaly programming. I am, however, designing the game. I'm going to design the whole biotch before I type a single bit of code... Maybe that will cure my problem of never finishing anything because I used to just design as I coded... I might succeed with actual goals this time.
Arce

Post by Arce »

YES! That's the way to go!!!

That's exactly how I was doing my RTS, which sadly, is on hold until I fix my PC.

This new level editor serves only to occupy me until I can get a new OS on my computer and start on the real game.
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

JS Lemming wrote:But I know people who sell tuns of crap on ebay all the time and they don't bother with licenses. My sis's boiiii friend sells and buys hundreds of dollars worth of baseball cards every week (as a mini business)... and no license.
Reselling, which you could do at a pawn shop. Not the same thing as production then selling. Also, technically, he may get audited depending on how much he makes.
JS Lemming wrote:I predict that this scenerio you guys are talking about just isn't going to happen... I mean, I assume that there aren't enough people who buy homebrew games. Wait, why am I trying to justify anything? I'm not going to publish correctly. It's ghetto and it's going to be fun. Who knows what's going to happen!
Predict all you want, and I'll laugh when you owe the IRS money/jail time a few years down the line
There is no signature.
kadajett
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by kadajett »

attik productions
:P
thats the name that my band used when we put out our cds :P
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Arce your making an RTS? I thought aout it but it just seemed like too much work seeing as I'm so lazy and whatnot...
Anyway I want a copy of that RTS when it is finished