TCR PSO Snapshot Album

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

TCR PSO Snapshot Album

Post by Falco Girgis »

This is officially the new forum snapshot album for showing off your skillz and stuff on PSO.

Here is a tutorial for taking screenshots with your Dreamcast (thanks to Smurph over at DCEmu):
If you don't have a Dreamcast web browser to develop your film after you're done, your in luck.

You can also transfer your file over a BBA or Coder's Cable to your computer and then just develop the file from your computer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Shortly after I posted this, Smurph made a PSO screenshot FAQ. Here it is:
Smurph wrote:Plug a controller into port 4, and a VMU into the second (bottom) slot of that controller. to take a full-screen screenshot, press A+START on that controler. To take a shot of the center of the screen, press X+START on that controller.

For extra fun, plug another controller into port 3. now you can view your teammate's action by holding L+R and pressing UP on the D-pad.

To "develop" your shots, go to:
http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/psossd/index.php?lg=en

with your DC browser. This page will develop your shots into JPG files and you can upload them to your FTP host.

Have fun!
Thank Smurph from DCEmu everybody.
Last edited by Falco Girgis on Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

So anyway, here are some screenshots that I've taken from my online fun with Dreamcast this morning. Have a look:

I'm in the caves right now just mutilating the "Evil Sharks." The two other guys were chilling on Pioneer 2 I think.
See! I'm not crazy! There are freaking hedgehogs chilling in the main lobby! Also, I've seen Knuckles and Tails running around the lobby as well.
Here is some really high level girl that I met and hung out with. We're both playing on an ultimate team and are getting the crap knocked out of us.
I'm chilling in lobby #15. I just scored another goal for the blue team on the soccer courts. Yay! It blows up with the thingies from Chu Chu Rocket!

If you'll notice in all of the screenshots, my MAG is a freaking Sega Dreamcast. Not only that, but some guy also gave me a Sega Saturn and Sega Genesis mag.

I also was given Samba De Amigo maracas from somebody at DCEmulation forums who told me to get my Mexican on with them. I don't have that equipped in the screenshots, but that's my new favorite weapon.

Now you guys all need to get the hell on PSO. I've met so many people from DCEmu and just new people in general. Just get it for PC if you aren't hardcore enough to get your DC online. They're fully compatible. Arce is online with the PC and we were just playing together.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

I've been playing PSO raw today (as you shall see), so I have some nice screenies to present you with.

I was at level 13 earlier, I'm level 18 now. Check it out:
This one is a really good one. I found out that you could take a close-up. My Dreamcast and I are towards the front, right in front of us in the pink is some girl we met and hung out with, and the big dude in the back is a lvl 1 that we were trying to help level up. Oh, and Arce's leg is in the picture...
We're at the boss fight. You can see my Dreamcast and I away from the dragon a bit, and Sarah is over there kicking its ass.
I just entered the lobby. It was so packed that I had to go to lobby 2. Anyway, I waited for an opening and came back. Just said it's a full house this afternoon.
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

That looks kewl.

What's a MAG?
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Wutai wrote:That looks kewl.

What's a MAG?
The thing that floats behind you. You'll notice everybody has one when they aren't in the lobby.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Mmm, bigger screenies! Can't see :/
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

That game is hardcore! i am at Lv4 right now.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Mar wrote:Mmm, bigger screenies! Can't see :/
Sorry Mar, but I can't that's just the size the Dreamcast captures at and they look TERRIBLE blown up more. Just that small takes up 195 of the VMU's 200 blocks. (I use my quadruple memory card to capture shitloads like this and I have like 10 VMUs).

I've played PSO all day today (after I got home from Luke's house and we made an SDL pong game).

Anyway, I got hardcore this time. I beat single player normal mode offline this afternoon. Lucky you that I was nice enough to share with you my adventures.

I had been using my Dreamcast mag alot lately, so I decided to switch off and give my Saturn mag a go today. My Saturn and I are admiring the view of the waterfall and it's pretty Dreamcast anti aliasing.
I'm in the ruins beating the hell out of the enemies.
That's my trusty Saturn and I walking down the halls of the ancient ruins.
My Saturn and I have fought our way to the very last level: Ruins 3 after enduring hell elsewhere.
And here is a screenshot of my Saturn and I pwning the final boss and beating the game.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Somebody please tell me how kickass my screens are? Or even how sexy I look with my saber? Or even just say your Dreamcast and Saturn are looking particularly fine today...

C'mon guys...
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Well screw you all.

Anyway, Yikarso and I were playing earlier today. Here's some screens of the adventure. He also took some PC screens, and I'm sure they look alot better than the Dreamcast captures. He might post them later or something.

Yikarso (Yemmie) and I are excavating Cave 2. He's really kicking some ass for such a low level. This is on Very Hard also.
Here's a close-up of both of us on Cave 1. Notice Yemmie's skimpy outfit, Dreamcast mag, and nice boobs?
This was a shitty screen. I didn't realize I had zoomed in. You can see the edge of Yemmie, but you can't see any of the pumpkin halloween decorations in the sky.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Skywalker, Yikarso, and I had a PSO LAN party last night at Skywalker's house. Thank Yikarso for the screens of our ordeal.

Here's a picture of our team at Forest 1 V-Hard. We are team "Sega Fanboy." Check out the sweet Genesis, Saturn, and Dreamcast mags.
My Genesis mag is completely raping after I call upon the power of Ecco the Dolphin.
Yikarso is being shown pr0n in the main lobby.
We all got our asses handed to us by Dark Falz, and Sarah is quite obviously British...
A really awkward moment. Teh hawt lesbian action between Yikarso's new and old characters. He spent over 100 hours on PSO back in the day for Dreamcast, and he's certainly pleased his efforts weren't wasted as we're transferring his old items.
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

GyroVorbis wrote: Image
We all got our asses handed to us by Dark Falz, and Sarah is quite obviously British...
What the Hell does Bollocks mean anyway?
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
Drakor
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Drakor »

why is luke's name Mr. Rogers. surely he is more creative than that...i mean come on it's my last name.....
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

I got a double cannon. Yikarso and I can officially beat Forest on Ultimate.

we got raped at caves though...
Drakor
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Drakor »

wow you guys are getting lots of rares.... i feel inferior. plus i am like lvl 17 now.....gtg level up. i just hate how it takes like forever to go through caves 1 2 and 3. (or any level after forrest.) well for me anyway. i'll get halfway through and my parents will want to leave or tell me "you have played enough today get off" or something gay like that.

the level i hate the most is the VR Temple from Version 2.....the little rooms that are like mazes, and make seeing WTF is going on hard, not to mention navigating them. my fav boss is the boss from the VRs though. playing version 2 is like going in to a glitch. you see all the creatures from episode 1 together. it is like seeing aligators, polarbears, cheatas, goldfish and tucans all chilling in the same habitat.

cool though. there are still new creatures and stuff in ep. 2. i prefer it over ep 1