Societies worse off 'when they have God on their side?

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

skywalker541
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by skywalker541 »

No one is perfect falco and the weight of even one sin is to much to bear in the presence of god. If you have not accepted jesus christ as your savior than you will perish in the afterlife, as you will desire to.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

No. Sorry. :wink:
skywalker541
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by skywalker541 »

What are you saying no to gyro? If you are saying no you can make it to heaven without jesus, you've already failed, you've sinned. But don't take that personally, as i said before no1 is withou sin.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

I don't believe not being Christian is a sin. I believe what I see. I see no proof to Christianity. If there is a Christian god, he'd either forgive or not care period. If your views of hell are true, I have absolutely no reason to feel guilt for not believing what I think is blindly.

No, this is just Christian recruiting bullshit. I'm not giving in. I don't care if the Bible says it, Christians aren't the only people who should be saved in the afterlife.

Why is it that Christians believe they are the only ones that're going to make it? God damnit, I think if Christianity is correct, I'll see every virtuous person on this earth in heaven.

That's humanly. That's so obviously below a god to do that. I disagree to the highest extent possible. I disagree to the point that if I believed Christianity, I'd still be willing to deny god because I know he would be so much greater than that kind of petty crap.

God is going to destroy somebody for not being Christian? No dude. That's sick. Yes, you proved maybe it isn't as bad, but ultimately hell is just as bad as it was made out to be from your views.

If people burn themselves up with guilt and god "destroys them" as a final act of mercy, that's still wrong. It's wrong god damnit.

Why Christians, why? Why can't others make it? Why do you have to be the select few that are going to see the afterlife? I don't understand it. You claim that your god is all-knowing and all-loving, I'm just seeing he's an asswipe here if this is true.

Of course this all goes back to Christian recruitment bullshit. So I said it once and I'll say it again. No. If Christianity is the true faith, I'll see you in heaven.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

MarauderIIC wrote:
skywalker541 wrote:As for the others, I can't speak for them. Namely Gyro, who seems to be the only one actually insulting anything -- whether these are based or not, I can't say, as I haven't read much bible since I was like, six. Thanks for your straight answer on the Jesus/aliens thing by the way.
I'm not insulting anything. I'm criticizing. I'm criticizing the bible and the religion. If a religion can't stand up to some criticism, what good is it?

If a christian can't tell me why a 16-year old boy is more generous than their god, why agnostics/atheists are so bad, why god must punish non believers--wtf?

I don't think I have insulted anything. I've criticized. I never said OMFG I HATE U AND UR RELIGION U R ALL TEH GAYZ AND TEHR IS NO GAWD.

Edit by Mar: Gyro, what the -KAZAAM!- (<-all capital letters) did you do this to my post for?! I had a nice post with textual evidence and you go and edit it to this GARBAGE?!
Guys, I just realized what a dipshit I am. I accidently editted MarauderIIC's post when I thought I was quoting it.

Please don't hold MarauderIIC to what I said. That post was all me. I'm so sorry.

You want proof? Look to where MarauderIIC said that I was criticizing, I was trying to defend myself but I accidently hit edit rather than quote god damn me! I'M SORRY MARAUDER!
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

The rest of us will note that that was the extent of my flame, an edit on the end of my post, as opposed to a new post on the end of this topic, hijacking it. GV really got the heat in PM though, but we sorted it out. Back on topic, everyone!

Edit: As an aside, I'll try to recreate my actual post and post it on the end here, when I get home and have time.
Last edited by MarauderIIC on Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

MarauderIIC wrote:The rest of us will note that that was the extent of my flame, an edit on the end of my post, as opposed to a new post on the end of this topic, hijacking it. GV really got the heat in PM though, but we sorted it out. Back on topic, everyone!
I'm afraid that I missed that post because I fucked it up.

Do you mind reposting, because I'd like to see this factual information as we share similar beliefs.

EDIT: read edit, thanks. Sorry again.
Tvspelsfreak
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by Tvspelsfreak »

Karkash wrote:Know all the facts, then make your choice.
Karkash wrote:I put the facts out there.
What facts? All I see is fiction.
Like DJ Yoshi said, the bible means NOTHING to a non-christian. It has as much credibility as any other fictional book.
And what says christianity is right and all other religions are wrong?
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Luke, your arguments hold no wait because you try to use your religion...to help us believe in your religion. That kind of argument only holds weight to two kinds of people: fools, and those who want to be converted in the first place.
There is no signature.
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

GyroVorbis wrote:Any god who would send a Buddhist to hell just for being Buddhist isn't a god I'd worship.
Exactly.
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
skywalker541
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by skywalker541 »

spideyspiderman2000 wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:Any god who would send a Buddhist to hell just for being Buddhist isn't a god I'd worship.
Exactly.
THAT IS NOT WHAT GOD DOES AT ALL!!!

If you want me to stop using the bible and what i know to be true about my lord jesus christ. Then STOP!!!! making him out to be an evil sadistic god, this is will only increase my efforts of trying to make you understand that he is truly a god of love and not of evil as you would have other people believe.

GOD IS LOVE!!!!!!!!!!
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Okay, so says your intepretation. I've talked to ordained priests and ministers who think otherwise, however. God condemns all those who don't believe in Jesus, so their interpretation (a much more advanced, much more educated interpretation might I add) says.

Also, stop speaking as if you know that you're right. Because you don't. You believe that you're right. Just like athiests believe that there's no God, but don't KNOW there is no God.
There is no signature.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

[Can't remember what I wrote enough to rewrite it, sorry.]
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
skywalker541
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by skywalker541 »

DJ Yoshi wrote:Okay, so says your intepretation. I've talked to ordained priests and ministers who think otherwise, however. God condemns all those who don't believe in Jesus, so their interpretation (a much more advanced, much more educated interpretation might I add) says.

Also, stop speaking as if you know that you're right. Because you don't. You believe that you're right. Just like athiests believe that there's no God, but don't KNOW there is no God.
Just as you should stop speaking as if you know the doctrine that god condemns all those who don't believe in jesus, is right. Because you don't. And don't you dare tell me that seventh-day adventist interpertation is less intellegent than the other denominations. It is the only interpertation that truly leaves the bible without contradictions, therefore it must be the truth, since bible contradictions come from misunderstanding. I did not make this doctrine up, and how dare you judge the intellegence of it.
DJ Yoshi wrote:I'm not a denominational christian, and even I know those aren't facts, they're bullshit.

I'm confused does that mean you are not a christian or jsut one wihtout a denomination? if its the latter, wth are you arguing against me? I'm showing you a denomination the peraches the true character of god, his love. you should listen because i really don't think any denomination is going to sound any better than a god that does not send people to burn in hell for all eternity. Most other christian doctrines totally distort gods true character undoing the very reason jesus died on the cross in the first place, which is to show everyone that god is a god of love. How can you tell me that jesus/god is an asshole when as he was being spit at , taunted and totured, he was saying I forgive you to everyone who did it. yosh do you remember what jesus said reffering to the soldiers who were making fun of him while he was on the cross, he said forgive them father for they know not what they do.

GOD IS LOVE!!!!!!!!!
skywalker541
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by skywalker541 »

Can religion be disproven: NO!