I want an MMORPG. >:(

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

programmerinprogress
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: some crazy stuff, i'll tell soon :-)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++!

Re: I want an MMORPG. >:(

Post by programmerinprogress »

ismetteren wrote:I have played guild wars for 3 years but i stopped some time ago.
I played it for about 2 days, I couldn't get into it because all those 'invisible boundaries' used to really grind my gears!

After playing SWG for a year, you get used to the complete freedom of movement you get, so when you have to spend 10 minutes walking round hills abd such, to a location which you could get to in about 1 minute if you could traverse some of the high terrain, you get a bit irate :x

Admittedly, I did like the PvP, it was pretty fun, from what I saw.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I can program pretty well, it's my compiler that needs convincing!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now a joke to lighten to mood :D

I wander what programming language anakin skywalker used to program C3-PO's AI back on tatooine? my guess is Jawa :P
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

I'll play runescape with you lussika, I have gotten back into it too, and plan to be on that during christmas break, inbetween dev sessions that is :)
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

eatcomics wrote:I'll play runescape with you lussika, I have gotten back into it too, and plan to be on that during christmas break, inbetween dev sessions that is :)
Diablo II is better ;)
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Diablo II is better ;)
^ Foshiz :lol:
Andy K.
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Andy K. »

eatcomics wrote:
Diablo II is better ;)
^ Foshiz :lol:
I almost failed a math class in High School because of Diablo II =| I'd skip class to go home and play it :lol:
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Who wouldn't??? :lol:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: Diablo 2
programmerinprogress
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

I almost failed a math class in High School because of Diablo II =| I'd skip class to go home and play it
Anyone who says that game addiction is unhealthy is!...completely correct :lol:

someone on the 'other' side of our computing class used to play WoW all the time during the lesson... they are no longer in the class now, they failed, epically!

I wander what programming language anakin skywalker used to program C3-PO's AI back on tatooine? my guess is Jawa :P
Kcirtap1990
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Kcirtap1990 »

I don't get video game addiction. I have trouble beating games because after 20 hours of gameplay or so I get bored. I fucking love the short games everyone calls too short like Fable.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

programmerinprogress wrote: someone on the 'other' side of our computing class used to play WoW all the time during the lesson... they are no longer in the class now, they failed, epically!
Someone in my Computer Science class does that.. but with the teacher's permission o.O He lets the kid play WoW on the 60-inch SmartBoard (touch-screen) in the back of the room all class.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
programmerinprogress
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

My old secondary school had a 60-inch touch board in every class...I miss secondary school :(

I can only imagine the look on the principal's face, and the lame-ass excuse the teacher comes up with if they were to stick their head through the door and do a spot check, I always remember my old headmistress at school used to do that all the time, you couldn't play WoW in that school :lol:

dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

programmerinprogress wrote: I can only imagine the look on the principal's face, and the lame-ass excuse the teacher comes up with if they were to stick their head through the door and do a spot check, I always remember my old headmistress at school used to do that all the time, you couldn't play WoW in that school :lol:
I doubt our principal would care, he would probably laugh, but he Never walks around the school I've only seen him once during an assembly with the whole school.