Dead?

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

EscapeSequence
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Dead?

Post by EscapeSequence »

Hey, so what's up with this games development?
I know this game has had it's numerous hiatuses, but after the last 2 months of no social media, youtube, or information-it seems dead.

I never supported this game via kickstarter, which I wanted to-just could never pull myself to do so. I feel like the people who did kickstart this game, were kinda fucked-over.

Now, don't get me wrong... I've been a fan of this series since the very beginning and have watched Adventures In Game Development (AIGD) since episode 1, and they inspired me to create video games when I was younger, so you can I say I really look up to what this game stands for (late nights of coding, drinking highly caffeinated drinks, playing games, and having a good time with friends).

I came to this forum to seek updates, maybe I haven't dived in deep enough-seems kinda shallow though.

After the kickstarter thing, it really seemed to take off and content was oozing from everywhere.
Then Tyler left, things seemed to fall apart as per content being released and videos being created...

But honestly, it's really none of my business what happened or what will happen, I just look forward to more content and just keep hoping for more. You guys are great either way, and I look forward to seeing more videos soon.

Sincerely,
A Fan.

tldr: what the fuck falco
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: Dead?

Post by dandymcgee »

Your research is a bit.. lacking.

Last update was August 20th:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Sure.. Falco's facebook page is probably not the best place to provide updates (considering the home page, ES group page, and KickStarter page very rarely get updated), but it's the easiest place for Falco to quickly post something without spending a bunch of time writing a professional blog post when he's dick deep in some embedded hardware emulator awesomeness.

The project is not dead. Not even close. However, the motivation to constantly update social media is pretty fucking dead. Falco has always said he's not a public relations / PR guy. He'd rather spend his time getting shit done.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Re: Dead?

Post by Falco Girgis »

We're not dead at all. We're just overworked as shit and are sick of the social media bullshit. We're keeping our heads down and working our asses off, so we can triumphantly return with a badass product to bitch-slap the haters with.