i want to get a dreamcast

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

gamenovice
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Current Project: wii u dev, sdl, and some unity 3D
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, GAMEBOY, GAMECUBE, WII, 3DS,PS2
Programming Language of Choice: C#,C++,Java

i want to get a dreamcast

Post by gamenovice »

so ever since I've followed ES, i've always been curious about the dreamcast, but I never had one in my childhood and i still never played on one. Now that I have a job i'm deciding to rectify the situation. Anyone got any suggestions on what peripherals i should get (I'm going with the TRY ALL THE THINGS! mentality here), what games i should get (aside from ES cuz that is so the first game im buying for my new dreamcast). also do you happen to know any great e stores to buy dreamcast related stuff ( if amazon turns out to be good let me know. I did find some deals on amazon, but I'm wondering what is out there ).

Now that i started a dreamcast related thread... let the floodgates open! (itll be ackward if the thread goes dead after i said something bold like that...)
without code, we wouldnt have life as we know it...
gamenovice
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Current Project: wii u dev, sdl, and some unity 3D
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, GAMEBOY, GAMECUBE, WII, 3DS,PS2
Programming Language of Choice: C#,C++,Java

Re: i want to get a dreamcast

Post by gamenovice »

i also want to try homebrew on the dreamcast so what should i get for it?
without code, we wouldnt have life as we know it...
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: i want to get a dreamcast

Post by dandymcgee »

As far as buying stuff, EBay is probably the best place online. What would be much better though is going to yard sales / flea markets / estate sales in your area. Often the people selling at those places have no idea what the stuff is worth (whereas someone on EBay has probably done extensive research), and you might get lucky and find an entire box of games for $10. Even if they're not Dreamcast games, you can pretty much sell any that stuff on EBay for way more than you bought it for and use the proceeds to get DC games.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted: