BoxField - A Casual iOS Game

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Light-Dark
Dreamcast Developer
Dreamcast Developer
Current Project: 2D RPG & NES Platformer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES,SNES,N64,Genesis,Dreamcast,PC,Xbox360
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

BoxField - A Casual iOS Game

Post by Light-Dark »

Shameless self promotion: So me and my good matey decided to pander to the casual audience to further our illuminati lizardmen reptillian plans to enslave the youth of today, by making essentially 2D cubefield for iOS. Here's a link to her on the store: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/id968045533 (Or you can search "BoxField" on the AppStore app on your iOS device). Please check it out if you have an Iphone or Ipad and some free time. All feedback is welcomed and appreciated; feel free to call me a talent-less sellout faggit hack and tell me to gut myself. There is currently some nasty z-fighting on the Iphone 5s I'm aware of, if you encounter anymore bugs please report them. Developing this with my best buddy has certainly been a fun and interesting learning/growing experience and I look forward to using what I've learned throughout this magnificent programmatic journey in the future. This is technically the first game I've ever officially published. Thank you for your time guys and gals ( gotta be PC now that I'm slightly in the limelight). And just a big thank you in general to everyone in this community, you have been a big source of inspiration and motivation. Cheers :) !
<tpw_rules> LightDark: java is a consequence of inverse moore's law: every 18 months, the average program will be twice as slow. therefore, computers always run at the same percevied speed. java's invention was a monumental step
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: BoxField - A Casual iOS Game

Post by dandymcgee »

Grats on getting something on the store! That itself is quite an accomplishment. Games looks pretty crisp judging by the screenshots. I'll try to remember to download it next time I'm on an Apple device.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Light-Dark
Dreamcast Developer
Dreamcast Developer
Current Project: 2D RPG & NES Platformer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES,SNES,N64,Genesis,Dreamcast,PC,Xbox360
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Light-Dark »

dandymcgee wrote:Grats on getting something on the store! That itself is quite an accomplishment. Games looks pretty crisp judging by the screenshots. I'll try to remember to download it next time I'm on an Apple device.
Thank you man!

A new update fixing the Iphone 5s bug is out. It turns out the graphics chip in the iphone 5s has a shitty fill-rate. I'm learning of all sorts of hardware quirks with the crIPhones and the criPads.
<tpw_rules> LightDark: java is a consequence of inverse moore's law: every 18 months, the average program will be twice as slow. therefore, computers always run at the same percevied speed. java's invention was a monumental step
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

Light-Dark wrote:A new update fixing the Iphone 5s bug is out. It turns out the graphics chip in the iphone 5s has a shitty fill-rate. I'm learning of all sorts of hardware quirks with the crIPhones and the criPads.
Huh, who woulda thought? :roll: I mean, considering the amazing battery life and heat dissipation capabilities of my iPad, I knew they must have made compromises somewhere.

I just picked up a GTX 980 Ti this week. I may have to get in to some serious GPU learning if only to not let the raw power of this beast go to waste. I wonder how many colored cubes I can render?? (yeah.. I really need to learn other skills..)
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted: