Elysian Shadows Game Engine!

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Pectabyte
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Elysian Shadows Game Engine!

Post by Pectabyte »

Hey guys,

I recently started a Game Company and we're actively developing games for Steam and iOS. As a lark with a friend I mentioned "Wouldn't it be great if we could release some of our games on the Dreamcast." Well that thought lead to al little googling and I found Elysian Shadows. Now i've done a little poking around (and purchased a copy of the game for DC) but I can't figure out how to actually get a copy of Elysian Shadows' engine. Where do I go to download it? Is there a licensing fee?
Fixxxer
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Learning DC dev
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES, Dreamcast, N64
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: Elysian Shadows Game Engine!

Post by Fixxxer »

Pectabyte wrote:Hey guys,

I recently started a Game Company and we're actively developing games for Steam and iOS. As a lark with a friend I mentioned "Wouldn't it be great if we could release some of our games on the Dreamcast." Well that thought lead to al little googling and I found Elysian Shadows. Now i've done a little poking around (and purchased a copy of the game for DC) but I can't figure out how to actually get a copy of Elysian Shadows' engine. Where do I go to download it? Is there a licensing fee?
It's yet to be released.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

Fixxxer wrote:It's yet to be released.
^

Currently targeting a late 2015 release. No official date. Your interest is appreciated, please keep an eye on the home page and the various social media pages linked therefrom.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Insane Warrior
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by Insane Warrior »

Does anyone know how I can be added to the 'Beta Backers' group, and where do we submit information if we were a Kickstarter backer that funded character and house creation?
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

Insane Warrior wrote:Does anyone know how I can be added to the 'Beta Backers' group
Someone with access to the list of backers needs to verify you. I messaged Falco about it.
Insane Warrior wrote:where do we submit information if we were a Kickstarter backer that funded character and house creation?
This hasn't been set up yet. There are a few posts in the Beta Backers section (which you don't yet have access to), but nothing formal as far as I know. Follow the boys on Facebook, Twitter, etc. to see progress updates. I'm a million percent certain they will post in those places when they are ready to start handling backer-created content.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
jchill95
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by jchill95 »

impetuousdanny wrote:
Insane Warrior wrote:Does anyone know how I can be added to the 'Beta Backers' group, and where do we submit information if we were a Kickstarter backer that funded character and house creation?
Emails were sent out a little while ago when the process began. Can you PM me the email address you used on Kickstarter and we can add you to that group.

I just ordered the Limited Edition, which includes beta access. I waited until now because I was broke AF during the kickstarter campaign. Would I still be able to join this group and get access, or is the process different for post kickstarter orders?