C4Android

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer, any questions, help, or just talk of any language will be welcomed here.

Moderator: Coders of Rage

animangaman690
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Current Project: TDS
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C/++, C#

C4Android

Post by animangaman690 »

So I do most of my development on my laptop and hardly fool with my desktop anymore. But when it always seems that when I'm away from my computer I always come up with some of the best solutions for issues I'm experiencing with development. I found an app on Google Play called "C4Android," and I bought it. Its a fairly nice IDE for on the go but it did cost around $5. I mainly use it for console testing concepts I plan to implement, but it also has plugins for SDL and OpenGL. I was wondering if anyone has seen or used this app and could give me their opinion on it.
bbguimaraes
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Programming Language of Choice: c++

Re: C4Android

Post by bbguimaraes »

Not trying to lead the conversation astray, but on my android tablet I use a combination of vps/lan server + ssh + tmux + vim. I wonder how an android IDE deals with libraries such as sdl, which certainly aren't included on the os.
animangaman690
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by animangaman690 »

Just like a compiler on any other platform would. The SDL libraries are available via an app( it's more like a self extracting archive available on the playstore, the same developers make them available specifically for their compiler.) The app installs the libraries and linker settings on top of the default app. It's a true IDE, it's not a cloud-based compiler, it uses the GCC compiler which is also an app you have to download to get up and running.
animangaman690
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by animangaman690 »

It also features the ability to export to apk.