Android Game Development Log

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

superLED
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: N64
Programming Language of Choice: C++, PHP

Android Game Development Log

Post by superLED »

I am currently starting a video series where I'm making a game for the Android platform.
There's not that much info about the game just yet, other than what I've showed off in the videos.
It's basically going to be a "Boss Battle" game, where you go into different "rooms" to fight bosses.

Check out the videos

Intro:

Episode 1:

I've been wanting to make a video series for a long time now, but felt ashamed when it comes to my poor English.
But I pulled my head out off my ass and just gave it a try.
superLED
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Re: Android Game Development Log

Post by superLED »

Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm dealing with a lot of stuff in life right now.

However, I have kinda scrapped the old idea, and come up with a totally new one.
The reason for this is that the project became too ambitious. I just want to make a really simple game.
I would hate it if I used 4-6 months on a game, and nobody would play it.

Since I'm going to make a very simple game, I need to keep the main concept secret, so others can't steal it and be "first!" on the Android market.
I can still show off drawings, music, pixel art and so forth.

A new video will be up in about a week or so.

By the way, how do you like the editing and stuff? I'm pretty new with video making, so some tips would be very appreciated :)
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

superLED wrote:By the way, how do you like the editing and stuff? I'm pretty new with video making, so some tips would be very appreciated :)
Since you asked, I'll be brutally honest. Take it or leave it, and please don't take offense.
I like almost everything about your videos. The editing, the short intro, the music, the kick ass pen-and-paper diagrams, and the screen caps w/ small webcam view.

Note: The following only applies if your goal is entertain other people. If that's not your goal, then it seems rather pointless to upload them to the internet

The only thing lacking is your voice.

The biggest thing that differentiates someone with a great idea who succeeds, and someone else with an equally great idea who fails, is the ability to sell that idea to an audience.
Whether the audience is YouTube, fellow developers, fellow gamers, or investors, you need to talk about the project like you are genuinely enthusiastic about it. Every project is going to have its ups and downs (just look at AiGD), but when you have those ups break out the camera and show the world how fucking awesome your project really is. If you don't give a fuck about what you're working on, why should I?

Hope you keep working on this, I subbed to your channel.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
superLED
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by superLED »

Thank you so much for your response!

Haha, I felt really old-school when I showed off my pen and paper. Especially when I have a drawing tablet (or what it's called) right in front of me.
I'm glad you liked it!
Traditional stuff still hits me right in the heart.

I am a very shy guy, and speaking English doesn't make it a bit better.
And speaking to a camera seems awkward too.

I DO want to entertain, and also "drag people into my world".
I will try my best (but not overdoing it) to show the camera what I really feel about what I'm doing.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

superLED wrote:I am a very shy guy, and speaking English doesn't make it a bit better.
And speaking to a camera seems awkward too.

I DO want to entertain, and also "drag people into my world".
I will try my best (but not overdoing it) to show the camera what I really feel about what I'm doing.
Totally understood man. Post your next devlog here when you get the chance and I'll be sure to watch.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted: