Sonic Lost Worlds (Sonic Xtreme Lives On)

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Sonic Lost Worlds (Sonic Xtreme Lives On)

Post by Marx Chaotix »

For those of you who feel that the dream of Sonic Xtreme seeing the light of day, your prayers have been answered. Sega/Sonic Team have just released a trailer for their latest Sonic The Hedgehog game called "Sonic Lost Worlds". The footage looks strikingly similar to the play-style of the old cancelled Sega Saturn game Sonic Xtreme. It seems like Sonic's bad-streak of mediocre Sonic games is over (in my opinion at least what with Sonic Colors, Generations, Sonic Ep. 5 pt. 1&2). This game seems very promising.

Also, it seems like a lot of ignorant gamers in the comments section continue to assume this game to be a Mario Galaxy clone being completely unaware of Sonic Xtreme. Here's a link to the trailer enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-sIkDWfccU
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Re: Sonic Lost Worlds (Sonic Xtreme Lives On)

Post by Falco Girgis »

Actually, I think that looks fucking incredible. It has a very classic Sonic-y feel, and I can see both the 2D and 3D gameplay perspective changes and mechanics used in Sonic Generations. I'm definitely going to be getting this one. I like the vibes.

And I want to punch every Nintendo fanboy who bitches that this looks like Mario Galaxy in the face... Mario Galaxy looked like Sonic Xtreme.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I definitely agree. I find it ridicules that so many people draw the comparison between Mario Galaxy and this game. I do wonder if Eggman will be in this game at all or not. I suppose you can't have the same villain every single time though so I guess I wouldn't mind too much if he's not in this one.

I STILL REALLY FUCKING WISH they would bring back the Chaos though =/ I miss 'em.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Marx Chaotix wrote:I STILL REALLY FUCKING WISH they would bring back the Chaos though =/ I miss 'em.
Yeah, those were some newer characters that I didn't mind seeing... but I'm also excited as shit that they brought the Flickies back... That just screams classic Sonic.