CYBORUS game dev

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

TheBuzzSaw
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Paroxysm
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

CYBORUS game dev

Post by TheBuzzSaw »

Hey there. I don't think I've posted my channel here before. Now that I'm done with school (FOREVER), I can finally dedicate some time to making a few dev videos. You can view my recent antics in Android development. XD

http://www.youtube.com/user/cyborusDev

I'm uploading another video very soon. We're working on quite a number of projects, so stay tuned!
pubby8
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Re: CYBORUS game dev

Post by pubby8 »

TheBuzzSaw wrote:Hey there. I don't think I've posted my channel here before. Now that I'm done with school (FOREVER), I can finally dedicate some time to making a few dev videos. You can view my recent antics in Android development. XD

I'm uploading another video very soon. We're working on quite a number of projects, so stay tuned!
I watched some of the videos. They were much higher quality than some of the others ones (by other people) I've seen, and I think both of you are good speakers and provide good information.

However, I got pretty bored watching them. It may be interesting to hear about how android kills your gl contexts, but it annoys me off to sit through 6 minutes of rambling expecting something cool, only to see a spinning cube. Also, you talk alot about technical information, but you do not go into enough detail on the interesting stuff and instead explain silly stuff.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

pubby8 wrote:
TheBuzzSaw wrote:Hey there. I don't think I've posted my channel here before. Now that I'm done with school (FOREVER), I can finally dedicate some time to making a few dev videos. You can view my recent antics in Android development. XD

I watched some of the videos. They were much higher quality than some of the others ones (by other people) I've seen, and I think both of you are good speakers and provide good information.

However, I got pretty bored watching them. It may be interesting to hear about how android kills your gl contexts, but it annoys me off to sit through 6 minutes of rambling expecting something cool, only to see a spinning cube. Also, you talk alot about technical information, but you do not go into enough detail on the interesting stuff and instead explain silly stuff.
In other words he absolutely loved it.

Pubby8 has problems with handling his emotions. He's like the gay male who pretends to hate the other men that he's secretly in love with. Don't drop the soap!
pubby8

Post by pubby8 »

My father is gay, and it makes me very angry for you to talk about homosexuals that way!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

pubby8 wrote:My father is gay, and it makes me very angry for you to talk about homosexuals that way!
Cute. Welcome to the internet and freedom of speech. That also would probably explain quite a bit about you...

Your very presence makes me "quite" angry.
pubby8

Post by pubby8 »

GyroVorbis wrote:
pubby8 wrote:My father is gay, and it makes me very angry for you to talk about homosexuals that way!
Cute. Welcome to the internet and freedom of speech. That also would probably explain quite a bit about you...

Your very presence makes me "quite" angry.
I think you're cute too ^_^

And being angry turns me on.

@TheBuzzSaw:
Why did you choose name "cyborus" ?
N64vSNES
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by N64vSNES »

So you dropped out of some dudes ass? I was wondering what happened to your IQ........ :roll:

Don't listen to him, they're very educational and very interesting to anyone who has a IQ higher than a glass of water.

Sub'd.
TheBuzzSaw
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by TheBuzzSaw »

pubby8 wrote:I watched some of the videos. They were much higher quality than some of the others ones (by other people) I've seen, and I think both of you are good speakers and provide good information.

While I appreciate the compliment, I have a hard time taking the rest of your comments seriously. On top of your already dismal record ripping on GyroVorbis' videos for extremely nonsensical reasons, I simply don't have the same ideal setup. While I do have a team, it's only two people, and we're a million miles apart, so I can't film epic team dynamics like Falco or others can.

It sounds to me you just had false expectations. I can't help that. =/
pubby8

Post by pubby8 »

TheBuzzSaw wrote:While I appreciate the compliment, I have a hard time taking the rest of your comments seriously. On top of your already dismal record ripping on GyroVorbis' videos for extremely nonsensical reasons, I simply don't have the same ideal setup. While I do have a team, it's only two people, and we're a million miles apart, so I can't film epic team dynamics like Falco or others can.

I was talking more about lack of visuals/game-videos than "team dynamics." Would much rather watch tanks move around instead of whiteboards.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

pubby8 wrote:
TheBuzzSaw wrote:While I appreciate the compliment, I have a hard time taking the rest of your comments seriously. On top of your already dismal record ripping on GyroVorbis' videos for extremely nonsensical reasons, I simply don't have the same ideal setup. While I do have a team, it's only two people, and we're a million miles apart, so I can't film epic team dynamics like Falco or others can.

I was talking more about lack of visuals/game-videos than "team dynamics." Would much rather watch tanks move around instead of whiteboards.
I would much rather see whiteboards...
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

pubby8 wrote:

So you only read books with pretty pictures? In-game visuals had absolutely nothing to do with the topic of his video. I'll be sure to add Michael Bay EXPLOSIONS to all of my videos to meet your required level of mindless entertainment.
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
pubby8

Post by pubby8 »

Explosions are so cliche.

Here is what I recommend:
EccentricDuck
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Isometric "2.5D" Airship Game
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS2, SNES, GBA, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C#, Python, JScript

Post by EccentricDuck »

GyroVorbis wrote:
pubby8 wrote:

I would much rather see whiteboards...
I definitely second that.

I pride myself on NOT needing a gimmick or something flashy every 15 seconds in order to hold my attention. I don't need to be fed "crack pellets" to stay interested in something. Good design is good design - but I don't need stimulation constantly saturating my dopamine receptors.
BugInTheSYS
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Current Project: Vintage Roads
Programming Language of Choice: C++, Delphi

Post by BugInTheSYS »

However, Buzz, I like your videos and really enjoy watching them :mrgreen: It's partly the information that I'm getting from what you experience and the way you explain stuff :P
Keep up the good work! ;)
Someday, everything will go to /dev/null. - Bug's prophecy 13:37
TheBuzzSaw
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by TheBuzzSaw »

Thanks, everyone.

I do still plan on having actual dev footage in the near future, though. It won't always be whiteboard lectures. :D