You Can't Stay Awake [Competition Game]

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

K-Bal
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: You Can't Stay Awake [Competition Game]

Post by K-Bal »

I would not ignore criticism but keep in mind that people are often exaggerating when giving their opinion.
Bakkon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Bakkon »

Yeah, I've gotten a few reviews with actual helpful criticism suggesting some sort of indicator that something will appear or disappear that would aid in progression through the level. But part of our whole gimmick was exploring the different ways that the world changed as you became more or less sleepier. There was a surprising amount of reviews that boiled down to "I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing. I am confused."
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

Bakkon wrote:Yeah, I've gotten a few reviews with actual helpful criticism suggesting some sort of indicator that something will appear or disappear that would aid in progression through the level. But part of our whole gimmick was exploring the different ways that the world changed as you became more or less sleepier. There was a surprising amount of reviews that boiled down to "I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing. I am confused."
These fools obviously do not understand the idea of exploration, patience, and observation. The game was skillfully crafted to change based on the player's condition. If one is too ignorant to come to this realization for oneself, I advise one to return to blowing shit up in the latest shoot-everything-you-see FPS.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted: