Active

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

Sean3
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Active

Post by Sean3 »

Don't expect me to be active on this forum because I'm registered to a lot of forums. So if you want to talk to me or if you have any question just join my site at http://www.mseanonline.com/forum Its in my sig so don't worry about find it...
wearymemory
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Re: Active

Post by wearymemory »

"You know, I have a 13-inch penis, and don't expect me to like a man who goes around town pretending to make friends just to slip them a business card and leave."
I vaguely recall John Holmes saying that to me right before he died a gruesome, AIDS-related death.
aamesxdavid
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by aamesxdavid »

Sean3!!!!!!!!!!

I thought we had something special. Even though none of your 4 posts were directed to me, I felt we had a connection after reading the Assembly Hello World thread. And now you're just leaving me lost and heartbroken, like a Bella without her Edward. What if I have a question, I sign up for your site, and you can't find me through the 12 registered users? WHAT THEN?!?! Then everything we had would have been a lie. You don't want that on your conscience. Stay. Stay and be active here, with people who need you, and...

...wait, nevermind, I don't care.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

You have got to be shitting me... Narcissism seems to be on the rise again...
Sean3
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Sean3 »

aamesxdavid wrote:Sean3!!!!!!!!!!

I thought we had something special. Even though none of your 4 posts were directed to me, I felt we had a connection after reading the Assembly Hello World thread. And now you're just leaving me lost and heartbroken, like a Bella without her Edward. What if I have a question, I sign up for your site, and you can't find me through the 12 registered users? WHAT THEN?!?! Then everything we had would have been a lie. You don't want that on your conscience. Stay. Stay and be active here, with people who need you, and...

...wait, nevermind, I don't care.
I don't even know you so stop flaming me. I don't have much traffic on my site I need some people to join.
qpHalcy0n
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by qpHalcy0n »

You're probably about 16 or 17 aren't you? :]

The way you say it makes it sound like "Yea guys, I know you're going to miss me because i've got just SO much to do, so come to my forum where I'll grace you with my precious time". Which is, to put it lightly, douchey.

You might say something like: "Hey guys, I'm new here and have been following ES for xxx time now. I've started my own game development forum which you guys are welcome to join". This is more considerate and shows more tact.

Have a delightful day :]
xiphirx
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: ******** (Unkown for the time being)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by xiphirx »

What do you think we think you're some kind of programming god just because you posted an ASM Hello World example? :/

Trust me, if anyone cares to know why you're inactive, then you should PM them directly.
StarCraft II Zerg Strategy, open to all levels of players!

Looking for paid work :< Contact me if you are interested in creating a website, need a web design, or anything else you think I'm capable of :)
Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Post by Arce »

I got a pretty good laugh from this topic. XD
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by hurstshifter »

Sean3 wrote:Don't expect me to be active on this forum because I'm registered to a lot of forums. So if you want to talk to me or if you have any question just join my site at http://www.mseanonline.com/forum Its in my sig so don't worry about find it...
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
http://www.thenerdnight.com
aamesxdavid
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by aamesxdavid »

Sean3 wrote:I don't even know you so stop flaming me. I don't have much traffic on my site I need some people to join.
You seem to have missed the point of my post entirely. So allow me to spell it out for you.

You're right, I don't know you, as I'm sure is the case with most users here. They probably don't know you. Know why? Because you've been an "active" member of these forums for a whole two days. You create one thread with a basic sample, and then the next day tell everyone to not expect you to be around, willfully ignorant that A) chances are no one gives a shit, and B) it violates rule number fucking one on these forums. http://elysianshadows.com/phpBB3/viewto ... art=999999
(Okay, it may not have been a "farewell" post, strictly speaking, but it was just an inconsequential and unnecessary.)

And it's no one's problem here that you don't have many users on your site. My point in bringing that fact up was simply that you're going to a forum of 781 users (granted, not all of them currently active), and asking them to sign up for another forum just so they can talk to you, because you can't be bothered with this forum. And why? Because you're registered to too many forums. I don't even know how you managed to type through irony that thick.

I mean, come on, what did you expect? I bet when you ask a girl out, you tell her not to expect you to buy her dinner all the time, but if she wants to come to your place, you'll share some of your food.
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Trying to make my first engine in C++ using OGL
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3

Post by LeonBlade »

Sean3 wrote:Don't expect me to be active on this forum because I'm registered to a lot of forums. So if you want to talk to me or if you have any question just join my site at http://www.mseanonline.com/forum Its in my sig so don't worry about find it...
There's no place like ~/
boettcher
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by boettcher »

EDIT: lol, shit. I tried to resize it because it was too obnoxiously huge. I'm too lazy to dick with it, so I'll just link to it.
Last edited by boettcher on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing* in life is fixed or set in stone, so get out there and Carpe the hell out of the Diem.
*Except politics and the NBA
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Trying to make my first engine in C++ using OGL
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3

Post by LeonBlade »

Nice direct link error bro.
There's no place like ~/
davidthefat