Free Lectures on Computer Science/Game Dev (my channel)

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

GameDevver4Evr
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Free Lectures on Computer Science/Game Dev (my channel)

Post by GameDevver4Evr »

Guys just wanted to share my channel + website I'm working on, I'm posting a lot of lectures on computer science, programming and various topics on anything related to computing in my you-tube channel, alongside a website/forum it's all dedicated to education. It's specifically aimed at teaching game dev, although many of the lectures will touch upon other fields as well. So please take a look it's all free! Show your support if interested! Thanks all :)
Here's the link -
http://www.youtube.com/user/schoolofgamedev
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: Free Lectures on Computer Science/Game Dev (my channel)

Post by eatcomics »

Thanks man, this is real nice. I love it when people put up lectures for others to see :D
GameDevver4Evr
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by GameDevver4Evr »

eatcomics wrote:Thanks man, this is real nice. I love it when people put up lectures for others to see :D
Np :mrgreen: and oops, forgot to set it to visible, Lol, is now.
epicasian
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Gigazilla Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by epicasian »

Looks awesome!:D

Though, I have one suggestion.
When looking at your videos on your actual page, the green somewhat hurts my eyes, but besides that, great job.:D

Subb'ed
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

Looking forward to your future work and contributions on the forums. Welcome to the community! ;)

I tried to watch the introduction, but the audio quality was unbearable (no offense, but I quite literally I have a headache). I'm not sure if you could somehow access better recording equipment, or perhaps add in the audio afterward, but it would make the videos so much more pleasant to watch (listen to). As for content they seem very well organized.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
GameDevver4Evr
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by GameDevver4Evr »

dandymcgee wrote:Looking forward to your future work and contributions on the forums. Welcome to the community! ;)

I tried to watch the introduction, but the audio quality was unbearable (no offense, but I quite literally I have a headache). I'm not sure if you could somehow access better recording equipment, or perhaps add in the audio afterward, but it would make the videos so much more pleasant to watch (listen to). As for content they seem very well organized.
Heya thanks =]. I actually started using a ( really crappy ) Mic beginning in lecture 2, the quality is a bit better, but I don't really have access to anything super good in the mean time. But hopefully at some point, since I plan on making a lot of lectures :) .