LazyFoo is a demi god. Yet I hope he's not reading this

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

PaperDuckyFTW
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Programming Language of Choice: C++

LazyFoo is a demi god. Yet I hope he's not reading this

Post by PaperDuckyFTW »

To begin with, the demi god thing is just to try and describe his awesomeness in a more appropriate way.

Enkneeweigh, I was and still am lookign for programming books that discuss concepts needed for game deving ( eg enemy implimentation, shooting etc ). Boks more or less about game programming other then an API.

Then I started to think it would be awesome if someone made a SDL version of "Game Programming: All in One", a game programming book teaching Allegro. This book teaches the concepts im looking for, except their all Allegro specific and cant find it at my library anymore =(

Then I thought about all the people who have learned SDL from LazyFoo's tutorials. Theres a gorjillion or so of us. What if he instead f making it free online, made it into a book? How much money would he have made? This is why im declaring him a demi god but hope he doesnt read this in case he gets some ideas...

Not too sure if this is a good topic but it was somehting interesting I thought of. Oh, and if anyone knows any game concept books like i was looking for, can you suggest them? Take care and happy coding
kamokow
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: LazyFoo is a demi god. Yet I hope he's not reading this

Post by kamokow »

PaperDuckyFTW wrote:What if he instead f making it free online, made it into a book? How much money would he have made? This is why im declaring him a demi god but hope he doesnt read this in case he gets some ideas...
If he made it into a book and got the EXACT SAME exposure he probably would have made quite a bit. But LazyFoo made them free, cause hes a nice guy who just wants to help out newbies to programming; even if he reads this I doubt he would make his tutorials cost money. LazyFoo also accepts donations (http://lazyfoo.net/donate.php), so if you like his tutorials you could donate to say thanks/help support his website.