VC++ 2010 Express Release Problem

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer, any questions, help, or just talk of any language will be welcomed here.

Moderator: Coders of Rage

lotios611
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: Game engine for the PC, PSP, and maybe more.
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Gameboy Micro
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: VC++ 2010 Express Release Problem

Post by lotios611 »

I've had issues with VS2010 as well. I'd move back to 2008.
"Why geeks like computers: unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes, fsck, fsck, fsck, umount, sleep." - Unknown
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Thankee for all the replies, and I would imagine since it works on Vista and Win7 that a DLL isn't going to fix the problem, I've never had this problem with VS 2008, so i guess I'll try that

as for the thing on Ginto and MV... LOL But yeah, I think ginto should have his rank changed back, it got old.... anywho
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Ginto8 wrote:
mv2112 wrote:Get Visual Studio 2008, its MUCH MUCH better.
If this dude's right, though he isn't often, then microsoft has failed yet again. :twisted:
Onward to victory, troops! We can flood the world with free, easy-to-use software that is superior in nearly every way! CRUSH THEM! :evil:
pft. Visual Studio 2008 has been by far the nicest development suite that I have ever used.

Not only that, but you're competing against the entire .NET framework which is pretty goddamn win.
Ginto8
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++, Java

Post by Ginto8 »

GyroVorbis wrote:
Ginto8 wrote:
If this dude's right, though he isn't often, then microsoft has failed yet again. :twisted:
Onward to victory, troops! We can flood the world with free, easy-to-use software that is superior in nearly every way! CRUSH THEM! :evil:
pft. Visual Studio 2008 has been by far the nicest development suite that I have ever used.

Not only that, but you're competing against the entire .NET framework which is pretty goddamn win.
I'm not saying that VS in general sucks. I'm just sayin that if the newer version is worse, then microsoft has failed yet again (vista).
and .NET definitely seems useful ;)
Quit procrastinating and make something awesome.
Ducky wrote:Give a man some wood, he'll be warm for the night. Put him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Ginto8 wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:
Ginto8 wrote:

I'm not saying that VS in general sucks. I'm just sayin that if the newer version is worse, then microsoft has failed yet again (vista).
and .NET definitely seems useful ;)
I love 2010, other than this and not knowing where the plain compile button is (just have to start debugging) its great, I like the look and GUI of it more... Not that it has changed much, but there are some features I like anywho I'mma try this today, and hopefully get a lot of stuff done this weekend
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

I think I found the solution, I can't really try it now but heres a link to the instructions: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... .100).aspx\
and you can DL the redistributable here: http://www.freewarefiles.com/Microsoft- ... 39486.html

:D if someone could try it and let me know, I'm gonna try it in a bit, but I can't right now
Live-Dimension
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC - Windows 7
Programming Language of Choice: c++;haxe

Post by Live-Dimension »

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
Well that explains everything. There has been redistributable VisualC Redist packages for each major version of VS. I don't know what they actually do. You'd think Microsoft would be able to compile an exe without needing to use another helper package, but there it is.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Yeah, seeing as how its their OS, but anyways, I'm pretty sure you are making an installer with those instructions, so if anyone wanted to know, that's all its doing.
I would imagine that should work, but i don't see a need for it until I'm done with the project or am giving a release on here or something