Official "Hello, World! (I'm new!)" thread

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

Uncle-Ruckus
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Re: Official "Hello, World! (I'm new!)" thread

Post by Uncle-Ruckus »

Hi chaps long time lurker, I was in the chatroom for the launch last night.

I mainly Web Dev, but I have started using C# and having a playing around with some game coding; Good times!
XianForce
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by XianForce »

Uncle-Ruckus wrote:Hi chaps long time lurker, I was in the chatroom for the launch last night.

I mainly Web Dev, but I have started using C# and having a playing around with some game coding; Good times!
Welcome to the forums =p
Pickzell
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Pickzell »

I know I'm not new, but I figured I would come back.
I'm sure most of you remember me for posting a lot of really stupid things, as I just posted whatever crossed my mind.
So, sorry for that, and if I do post again I will try to make it intellegent and at least sort of close to semi-worth reading.

I doubt I will come here even close to as much as used to, though.
I'm an altogether bad-natured Cupid.
MadPumpkin
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Octopia
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1-3, Genesis, Dreamcast, SNES, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C/++,Java,Py,LUA,XML
Location: C:\\United States of America\Utah\West Valley City\Neighborhood\House\Computer Desk

Post by MadPumpkin »

Pickzell wrote:I know I'm not new, but I figured I would come back.
I'm sure most of you remember me for posting a lot of really stupid things, as I just posted whatever crossed my mind.
So, sorry for that, and if I do post again I will try to make it intellegent and at least sort of close to semi-worth reading.

I'm the same man, I realized just barely while reading my oldest posts that I was a lot more immature than now even. And If I'd have been someone who is here now, I would have smacked myself.
While Jesus equipped with angels, the Devil's equipped with cops
For God so loved the world that he blessed the thugs with rock
Lord Pingas
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Wii
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Lord Pingas »

MadPumpkin wrote:

I'm the same man, I realized just barely while reading my oldest posts that I was a lot more immature than now even. And If I'd have been someone who is here now, I would have smacked myself.
Haha, same here.

I made a new account because I was a newb back then.

I hated my past on this forum so i decided to start a fresh.

PS: You may remember me Pickzell. :)
Pickzell
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Pickzell »

Lord Pingas wrote:
MadPumpkin wrote:

Haha, same here.

Hm. What was your original name. Can't think of it :(.

Sorry for the awkward hello-friend-from-high-school-who's-name-I-can't-remember moment. :(
I'm an altogether bad-natured Cupid.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Pickzell wrote:
Lord Pingas wrote:
MadPumpkin wrote:

Haha, same here.

Hm. What was your original name. Can't think of it :(.

Sorry for the awkward hello-friend-from-high-school-who's-name-I-can't-remember moment. :(
I could have seen someone and said their name the day before, but I suddenly forget the next day... I am TERRIBLE with names...
Lord Pingas
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Lord Pingas »

Here's a clue...
It's in a Stephen King film. :lol:
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

Lord Pingas wrote:Here's a clue...
It's in a Stephen King film. :lol:
Gee that sure does limit it to.. everything. :mrgreen:
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
mv2112
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Java Tower Defence Game
Favorite Gaming Platforms: N64/Xbox 360/PC/GameCube
Programming Language of Choice: C/++, Java

Post by mv2112 »

Hey, im Mike. I just joined the forums a few days ago. Im 14 years old and i hope to become a game developer some day. I'v been programming for about 2 years. I'd say im "fluent" in HTML and PHP(mostly HTML) and im learning C++. I switch between Visual C++ and Dev C++ and use ConTEXT for html and PHP. So, i hope to get ALOT better at C++ and learn from the forums. I guess i will see u guys on the forum!
Lord Pingas
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Lord Pingas »

mv2112 wrote:Hey, im Mike. I just joined the forums a few days ago. Im 14 years old and i hope to become a game developer some day. I'v been programming for about 2 years. I'd say im "fluent" in HTML and PHP(mostly HTML) and im learning C++. I switch between Visual C++ and Dev C++ and use ConTEXT for html and PHP. So, i hope to get ALOT better at C++ and learn from the forums. I guess i will see u guys on the forum!
Hey, Beavis, check it out. Hur hur hur, it's a newbie to the forums. Hur hur hur...
Nice profile pic.

Welcome to the forums, Mike.
mv2112
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Java Tower Defence Game
Favorite Gaming Platforms: N64/Xbox 360/PC/GameCube
Programming Language of Choice: C/++, Java

Post by mv2112 »

Lord Pingas wrote:
mv2112 wrote:Hey, im Mike. I just joined the forums a few days ago. Im 14 years old and i hope to become a game developer some day. I'v been programming for about 2 years. I'd say im "fluent" in HTML and PHP(mostly HTML) and im learning C++. I switch between Visual C++ and Dev C++ and use ConTEXT for html and PHP. So, i hope to get ALOT better at C++ and learn from the forums. I guess i will see u guys on the forum!
Hey, Beavis, check it out. Hur hur hur, it's a newbie to the forums. Hur hur hur...
Nice profile pic.

lol :lol: thanks Lord Pingas and ugh, nice zombie toad
Lord Pingas
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Lord Pingas »

mv2112 wrote:
Lord Pingas wrote:
Nice profile pic.

lol :lol: thanks Lord Pingas and ugh, nice zombie toad
Butmuch. :lol:
quickshot14
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: VB.NET Direct X Game Engine (Working Title)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: VB.NET (for now)

Post by quickshot14 »

Greets everyone!

Figure i'd take the oppunity to introduce myself since thats what this thread is for after all ;P I'm Quickshot14 or James if you prefer, i'm a full time college student at Kaplan University for IT Programing Assocites Degree (not the offical title but the gist) i'm married with two kids. My wife is addicted to WoW (totaly my fault :D) and my kids are smart asses (like me LOL). I am what I consider a causal hardcore gamer, witch basicly means I game a lot but i'm picky about what I play, i'm not going to play the newest game if i'm not intrested but if i'm on the puter changes are i'm playing some game. And gladly have been since I was young (started watching my brother/dad playing games when I was 4 and and really started playing around about 6 and havnt stopped!) i'm now 28 years old.

Thats the basics I guess for programming, I non-seriously programed for most of my younger life, I took after my older brother so I started messing around with basic (yes basic basic ;P) when I was like 7 or 8. Never really did anything serious, played around a little with basic C and of course Visual Basic (legacy) did that pretty much till I was 19 then got into VB.NET fairly seriously off on and on. Made my first real released VB.NET program in early 2003 for the game Star Wars Empire At War, was a little mod manager and *coughs* thou it works, is a very big code mess :/ After that it was just off and on with VB.NET not seriously, all fairly self taught through picking stuff out of some learn VB.NET books and the internet. Just last year I got my GED (since I had to drop out of high school due to some medical reasons) and also entered college. Between what i've been learning at school and bewteen a VB.NET book for game programming I picked up, I have made huge strides in a short amount of time and consdier myself more of a serious programmer. My aspirations is to finsh my degree at Kaplan and then goto Devry for ethier a Game Programming degree or possibly a Computer Sience Degree (wow can't spell for anything this morning) when i'm done with all that massive school i'd like to professionaly be a game designer/programmer.

So theres the gist of me, as to what i'm working on and programming now well i'll post that in its proper place as well (Game Development->What current projects are you working on? Post) So yuppers, hello to everyone hope to see you around here if you like to check out my youtube channel/my blog by all means do so. http://www.youtube.com/quickshot14 and http://quicks14blog.blogspot.com Look forward to being apart of the forums and community and to Gyro and the rest of the ES crew love all your vids and look forward to seeing more. Thanks all!
Amatuer Game Design/Programmer & College Student (Kaplan University: Associate of Applied Sceince in Information Technology: Application Devleopment)
Know Programming Languages & Considered Levels Of Programming in them: Basic(DOS) - 10%, VB(Legacy) - 15%, VB.NET - 55%, C/C++ - 1%, C# - 1%, LUA - 25%, Java - 0%, COBOL - 0%
Quicks14Blog (My Gaming Related Blog Page) - My Youtube Channel Page
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Nice to meet you, quickshot14! Sorry for not properly greeting you earlier. I read your post, but didn't really have time to respond.

It'll be great to see you around. I've already seen several constructive, educated posts from you. Always welcome. ;)