J-fail: Unstoppable

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Bakkon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: J-fail: Unstoppable

Post by Bakkon »

K-Bal wrote:I was refering to the screenshot posted above. The models and lighting are well done. At least there is nothing that looks bad or unprofessional in my opinion.
The Avatar models are all handled by a wrapper class XNA gives you and the background looks like a solid, pre-rendered image to me, so...
GroundUpEngine
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: mixture
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC

Post by GroundUpEngine »

Bakkon wrote:
K-Bal wrote:I was refering to the screenshot posted above. The models and lighting are well done. At least there is nothing that looks bad or unprofessional in my opinion.
The Avatar models are all handled by a wrapper class XNA gives you and the background looks like a solid, pre-rendered image to me, so...
lmfao, Spot on again!

Case in point: JForceGames = laughing stock of Youtube devs..
K-Bal
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by K-Bal »

To me the technology they use does not matter. I'm using many good tools and libs for my work, too. It's about putting it together in the right way.

Don't get me wrong, they are idiots.
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Trying to make my first engine in C++ using OGL
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3

Post by LeonBlade »

Has THIS game even come out yet?
I doubt they'll even release this game.

See, what happens (at least normally it has with me in the past) when you use things like RPG Maker or Game Maker or even XNA... you don't get the full experience of making a game so you lose interest because it was so easy, and you don't put full effort into it.
Shit doesn't get done, and you move on.

I'd like to see them actually release this game, if any game at all.
There's no place like ~/
RyanPridgeon
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: "Triangle"
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by RyanPridgeon »

So what, did they even realise their shooter game? Where's all this fame and fortune that they were expecting?

XD

Idiots..
Ryan Pridgeon
C, C++, C#, Java, ActionScript 3, HaXe, PHP, VB.Net, Pascal
Music | Blog
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

their shooter looks decent actually... Although they seem to be perpetually working on it and still bitching about how long it takes ES to get games out...

PS. They're still idiots, and I have confirmed the bald guy is not my english teacher... the similarities are uncanny though...

PSS. decent but still not the best game ever, or even an indie game that would bring in revenue
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Trying to make my first engine in C++ using OGL
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3

Post by LeonBlade »

Because of all their arrogance and douchebaggottry I'll never bother buying their game IF and I mean IF the game even comes out.
I'm starting to think that it wont ever come out... they'll just keep pushing it it and pushing it and eventually they'll just drop it and forget about it for some other game.
There's no place like ~/
OmegaGDS
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: GMN (C++)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, PSP / Psp Emulation, GameCube, SNES, NES

Post by OmegaGDS »

K-Bal wrote:
OmegaGDS wrote: I love how they are bashing ES when their game blows like a [censored] in comparison. I mean ES is amazing looking (from what i have seen) but jFails game... no comment. And yeah, they plan on actually trying to sell theirs?! Omg, jFail, you truly fail.
In regards to look I don't think their game sucks.
I'm sorry, let me clear this up. I wasn't bashing their graphics, I was talking about the content. I don't think that they could have been less original. Yes, they do have what I consider to be good characters, but whoever is coming up with the storyline (i think its the bald guy) doesn't make good choices as to how these things should be implemented. Also, I'm talking about the UNSTOPPABLE thing. No, I do agree that their graphics are pretty good, but when it comes to originality and content, they need to get a new designer.
Last edited by OmegaGDS on Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
OmegaGDS
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: GMN (C++)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, PSP / Psp Emulation, GameCube, SNES, NES

Post by OmegaGDS »

I'm sorry, I feel as if I may have been too harsh on JForce. If their game comes out, then I will probably buy and play it, but I don't like the arrogance coming out of their asses. What on earth are some of the members of the JForce team doing? Who ever makes their videos apparently doesn't know how much work goes into coding a game, or they would show more about the creation of their code. The artist for the JForce team seems pretty good too. What do the other guys do though? The bald guy provides... constructive criticism? The other guy plays the game and makes awkward and childish comments, and the other guy they... got from the streets? I believe that this is a case where the team is controlled by know nothings of game development, and the only people who do work don't receive credit where credit is due.
CC Ricers
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by CC Ricers »

Did they seriously choose to use that subtitle in their video? Wow...

Either they're losing sight of their original project goals because of boredom or they were just desperate to get something out, considering many don't think they can finish anything.
Bl@ck Ph@ntom
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: Topdown shooter

Post by Bl@ck Ph@ntom »

LeonBlade wrote:Because of all their arrogance and douchebaggottry I'll never bother buying their game IF and I mean IF the game even comes out.
I'm starting to think that it wont ever come out... they'll just keep pushing it it and pushing it and eventually they'll just drop it and forget about it for some other game.
It also seems that as there projects go on they make more side projects that don't get done ether, I will honestly not be surprised if this team dies soon.
I am the great lurker! Fear my powers.
X Abstract X
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by X Abstract X »

Their game looks great. I don't even have anything against using XNA, it's alright if you want to focuss on the game design instead of the lower level programming. But, what I hate about these guys is the arrogance of their team, especially when it's coming from the team members that don't even contribute to the project.
Ginto8
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++, Java

Post by Ginto8 »

X Abstract X wrote:Their game looks great. I don't even have anything against using XNA, it's alright if you want to focuss on the game design instead of the lower level programming. But, what I hate about these guys is the arrogance of their team, especially when it's coming from the team members that don't even contribute to the project.
Exactly. And beyond that, though their game is pretty good, it's also very generic. Just look at the game "I mad3 a ga3m with zomb3hs in it" or w/e it's called. They're almost identical. If they didn't claim that their game was so revolutionary, or even anything but a generic clone, they would have a ton more respect.
Quit procrastinating and make something awesome.
Ducky wrote:Give a man some wood, he'll be warm for the night. Put him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
patio
JForce Team Member

Post by patio »

Oh hi, um Avatar Showdown has been done for over a month, but we jfailed peer review twice and every time that happens you have to wait a week before you can submit again. And no "Falco" there's no way you could finish a samurai kirby clone that has avatars, online play, and adheres to all the xbox standards in a few hours. It'd take you at least a month. :roll:

And btw, Avatar Showdown will make us at least $10k, probably a lot more.

Oh and we've raised our expectations for Unstoppable. It will make at least $220k gross revenue. I'm dead serious. 8-)

PS: JForce > ES team. The proof is in the pudding. :shock:
best indie game ever coming soon
K-Bal
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by K-Bal »

So has it been released?
How do you know someone would pay for this game?
How do you know that it's gonna be more than 10k?
Who is your market analyst?
Why do you think the ES team is up for the money?
Are you so poor that you have to show off with money you don't have yet? If so, forget everything I said before.