Web shows and reviewers?

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

OrinCreed
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Web shows and reviewers?

Post by OrinCreed »

Hey all. Been gone for some time due to a few projects I had under my belt. I dunno how often I'll be around because life has gotten a bit busy but I figured I drop in again. Anyhow on to the topic at hand.

The recent work I have been doing with a few web based shows had got me wondering. What kind of web shows/reviewers [if any] are you guys into?
Being a gamer and a nerd with a love for retro games I usually follow shows that incorporate those things. These are some of the ones I follow pretty closely.

The Spoony One - Hes a snarky guy with a weird sense of humor. His rants can get a little long winded but hes always got some funny or interesting quips tossed in.
Angry Video Game Nerd - I'm sure you know all about him already.
Happy Video Game Nerd - The AVGN's approved polar opposite. He focuses on good games. Both popular titles and gems that went under the radar.
Awesome Video Games - A parody of late 80's early 90's video game TV shows. Th first few episodes were a little tough to swallow but they have improved a whole lot. Pretty funny stuff.
Retroware TV - They talk about anything and everything related to retro gaming. The show has a website that is also host to several other good shows as well.
OmegaGDS
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: GMN (C++)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, PSP / Psp Emulation, GameCube, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: Web shows and reviewers?

Post by OmegaGDS »

Well, until my cable provider decided to cut G4 tv from the list of channels I got, I used to watch X-Play and Attack of the Show. X-play for the games and Attack of the Show because Olivia Munn was hot. <and the show was interesting>. I was pissed once they cut G4 from the channel list and now i have to upgrade to get it. I recently found out (as of today) that my internet tv now has a daily Attack of the Show video. That fills half of the void in my heart (hoping that i have one). At least I get to see Olivia Munn again.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

OmegaGDS wrote:Well, until my cable provider decided to cut G4 tv from the list of channels I got, I used to watch X-Play and Attack of the Show. X-play for the games and Attack of the Show because Olivia Munn was hot. <and the show was interesting>. I was pissed once they cut G4 from the channel list and now i have to upgrade to get it. I recently found out (as of today) that my internet tv now has a daily Attack of the Show video. That fills half of the void in my heart (hoping that i have one). At least I get to see Olivia Munn again.
I haven't been too impressed with G4 lately... Like their material is boring, and half the time Olivia or Kevin are gone, and they other people doing it... I haven't watched it in a few weeks actually
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

eatcomics wrote:
OmegaGDS wrote:Well, until my cable provider decided to cut G4 tv from the list of channels I got, I used to watch X-Play and Attack of the Show. X-play for the games and Attack of the Show because Olivia Munn was hot. <and the show was interesting>. I was pissed once they cut G4 from the channel list and now i have to upgrade to get it. I recently found out (as of today) that my internet tv now has a daily Attack of the Show video. That fills half of the void in my heart (hoping that i have one). At least I get to see Olivia Munn again.
I haven't been too impressed with G4 lately... Like their material is boring, and half the time Olivia or Kevin are gone, and they other people doing it... I haven't watched it in a few weeks actually
people notice when kevin is gone?.. lemme rephrase, straight dudes notice when kevin is gone?

i dont care what kinda score she gets, she can use my joystick ANY time.
Some person, "I have a black belt in karate"
Dad, "Yea well I have a fan belt in street fighting"
OmegaGDS
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by OmegaGDS »

i dont care what kinda score she gets, she can use my joystick ANY time.[/quote]

Yup, thats her :mrgreen:
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

OmegaGDS wrote:Image

i dont care what kinda score she gets, she can use my joystick ANY time.

Yup, thats her :mrgreen:[/quote]
Lol, and yes I notice because there is less sexual innuendo when kevin isn't around lol
OmegaGDS
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by OmegaGDS »

I don't really care when Kevin is gone... although he is slightly more "hands on" with the female co hosts ;)
Bakkon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Bakkon »

G4 is terrible. Bring back TechTV.

Anyways, I like Revision3's Bytejacker. They do reviews and plugs for indie games.
OmegaGDS
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by OmegaGDS »

is that a web show? (soz, I don't watch much tv... or web shows)
vargonian
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by vargonian »

Seconded on Bytejacker. I still think there's more room in the indie game space, though.

Edit: I meant "more room" as far as podcasts/web shows dedicated to the subject.
GeezerUK
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C#, C++, XNA

Post by GeezerUK »