Modern Warfare 2

Reviews for both games and hardware. Feel free to write your own and post/comment on the reviews of others.

Moderator: Game Reviewers

JaxDragon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Kanoba Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Modern Warfare 2

Post by JaxDragon »

I'm a little surprised no one else on here has done MW2 yet, so I figure I'll do it. I'm basing this off the PS3 version, and if you would like to play with me my PSN is JaxDragon

Special Ops
Special Ops contains a series of Co-Op missions for your and your friends(or your brother) to play. There are plenty of missions, all of them with special goals to fulfill. You get a rating from one to three stars. You get trophies for beating them on Veteran. You also get trophies just for completing them on any difficulty etc. You can play them over the internet with people, or do split screen(not recommended, they still have those really annoying black bars around each players screen). Overall Spec Ops is pretty fun.

Campaign
Campaign is very fun in MW2. There are quite a few twists in there. The mission/level designs are flawless despite a few occasional bugs. The campaign is a little longer than it was in the original modern warfare. There are various easter eggs if you take the time to look around and explore the maps. I won't spoil the ending, but I will say it is very good and somewhat reminiscent of MW1's ending moments.

Multiplayer
MW2 multiplayer is basically MW1 multiplayer on crack. There are loads of new perks, weapons, maps, attachments, and theres even a nuke if you get a 25 kill streak. I love multiplayer, and I would say it is the best out of the 3 categories(spec ops, campaign, multiplayer). Theres certainly enough new content to make you want to play it a lot.

Bugs/Issues
First off, the multiplayer servers were down for a good 12 hours the day of release. That was quite annoying. Also, there is no team balance. It's all to often that its 2v4 or 1v6. Also, the bodies tend to glitch up in campaign, vibrating and falling into the scenery. I'm not a PC player, but the fact that theres no dedicated server is a punch in the face to me as well as those who purchased the PC version. And theres loads of issues when trying to invite a friend to join your party

Overall, it's a great game and I would highly recommend it.
hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Re: Modern Warfare 2

Post by hurstshifter »

I picked up MW2 for 360. Anyone looking to play can find me as Hurst Shifter (two words) on xbox live.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
http://www.thenerdnight.com
Bakkon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Bakkon »

hurstshifter wrote:Hurst Shifter
Added you.

K-Bal
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by K-Bal »

Anyone with the PC version can add me on steam: kbal264.
Joeyotrevor
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Joeyotrevor »

K-Bal wrote:Anyone with the PC version can add me on steam: kbal264.
Added you.

Code: Select all

eb 0c 48 65 6c 6c 6f 20 77 6f 72 6c 64 21 31 d2 8e c2 30 ff b3 0a bd 02 7c b9 0b 00 b8 00 13 cd 10 eb fe
Exutus
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Exutus »

/me is a proud boycotter of MW2.
Bakkon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Bakkon »

Exutus wrote:/me is a proud boycotter of MW2.
Why? Do you hate fun?
Sanshin77
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: C++/SDL engine, zaActionWizardMagic game
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Xbox 360, Playstation 2, Nintendo DS, mac and PC

Post by Sanshin77 »

I bought MW2 at the release date and It's almost the only game I've played since then(Haven't played that much tho). It's just sooooo perfect, fun, cool and addicting.

Any1 wanna play w/ me on the 360 - Add SanshinReloaded
Check out videos of my C++ games as well as my "Amateur Game Dev" series over at
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zanchill
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

I got it yesterday, but I don't have gold membership... I do have lots of energy drinks though :D

It was an awesome game, but still felt too short... But then again I guess there is Spec Ops... Haven't finished all the missions yet, and haven't finished any on veteran... Right now I'm playing Assassins Creed, untill I can borrow Assassins Creed 2!