Guitar Hero for DS

Reviews for both games and hardware. Feel free to write your own and post/comment on the reviews of others.

Moderator: Game Reviewers

Pickzell
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Guitar Hero for DS

Post by Pickzell »

This has got to be one of the worst ideas to be shelled out by mankind.
I'm an altogether bad-natured Cupid.
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Re: Guitar Hero for DS

Post by trufun202 »

Pickzell wrote:This has got to be one of the worst ideas to be shelled out by mankind.
I dunno...Guitar Hero Mobile is pretty awful. My phone came with the demo.

Aside from a few minutes of distraction while you're on the shitter, this game serves very little purpose. Activision is doing their damnedest to run this franchise into the ground. :(
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
programmerinprogress
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: some crazy stuff, i'll tell soon :-)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++!

Post by programmerinprogress »

trufun202 wrote:
Pickzell wrote:This has got to be one of the worst ideas to be shelled out by mankind.
I dunno...Guitar Hero Mobile is pretty awful. My phone came with the demo.
the quality of the version you get depends on your phone, all I can say is the one on my old samsung j600 was atrocious, horrible music, it was either mono or midi and the worst part was a friend also downloaded it for their phone, and they got a marginally better version! fortunately I believe it was a free demo, so neither of us had to pay for that piece of junk! :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I can program pretty well, it's my compiler that needs convincing!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now a joke to lighten to mood :D

I wander what programming language anakin skywalker used to program C3-PO's AI back on tatooine? my guess is Jawa :P
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Ugh, what the hell is Activision's marketing strategy against Harmonix? Release so many shitty, half-assed ports that people magically forget all about Rock Band?

I have been disgusted with them ever since Guitar Hero 3 (for PS2). I'm not going to touch anything related to this that doesn't have the Harmonix seal of quality.

AND HAVE YOU SEEN DJ HERO!? GAAAAAAAAH!
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

GyroVorbis wrote:Ugh, what the hell is Activision's marketing strategy against Harmonix? Release so many shitty, half-assed ports that people magically forget all about Rock Band?
And it's not just Guitar Hero...they're running ALL of their franchises into the ground. Did you know that Activision has two separate game studios working on Call of Duty games? They do so in order to have a new COD release EVERY SINGLE YEAR. For that very reason, I refuse to buy/play any Call of Duty game.
GyroVorbis wrote:AND HAVE YOU SEEN DJ HERO!? GAAAAAAAAH!
Yeah, we'll see how it does. Personally, I think they went too niche on this. I'm certainly not shelling out 120 bucks for another rhythm game. If this does well, Kazoo Hero can't be far away...
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
programmerinprogress
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: some crazy stuff, i'll tell soon :-)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++!

Post by programmerinprogress »

Don't get me started about activision... they f***** up The Movies, and it sickens me :x

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
if you care for me to elaborate I would, gladly, but I wont unless prompted to do so for the sake of my reputation :lol:
I think I can program pretty well, it's my compiler that needs convincing!
And now a joke to lighten to mood :D

I wander what programming language anakin skywalker used to program C3-PO's AI back on tatooine? my guess is Jawa :P
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

programmerinprogress wrote:]if you care for me to elaborate I would, gladly, but I wont unless prompted to do so for the sake of my reputation :lol:
Consider yourself prompted.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
pritam
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Amiga, PSOne, NDS
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by pritam »

I can't help it but.. lately there's been this commersial for Rockband on TV here in Sweden, Rockband: The Beatles. It's just amazing, I can't beleive it. I'm tempted to buy it along with the console, though I'm not that much of a gamer anymore. Damn it's awesome.
hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by hurstshifter »

pritam wrote:I can't help it but.. lately there's been this commersial for Rockband on TV here in Sweden, Rockband: The Beatles. It's just amazing, I can't beleive it. I'm tempted to buy it along with the console, though I'm not that much of a gamer anymore. Damn it's awesome.

There should probably be an entirely seperate thread on this topic, but I bought Rock Band: The Beatles and it is totally sweet. The difficulty is noticeably easier than previous versions of Rock Band or Guitar Hero but that's only because The Beatles songs aren't incredibly complicated. I like it though because more people seem to get into it while playing and its especially fun for vocals as they added in an option to use 2 or 3 mics to sing the harmonies on each song. Do this on Paperback Writer, soooooo awesome.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
http://www.thenerdnight.com