ES Dev Team - ART POSITION OPEN!

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: ES Dev Team - ART POSITION OPEN!

Post by eatcomics »

Well guys... It's official... I just don't think I have what your looking for... I man as of right now... My art skills could use a lot of work! So I'm going to leave the interviewees group (if I can) and I'll keep working on my pixel art. Hopefully I'll get better! I did have fun working on what I did but I'm certain that it is definitely not what you're looking for :lol: but I did realize that I still have some artistic talent I just need to refine it. Well good luck with your current artists and I hope new ones arise! :mrgreen:
spum
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by spum »

Ok falco so here it goes, I am a very good pixel artist when it comes to anything like tiles, items, weapons, armour, and basic miscellaneous stuff like tables, chairs, terrain, etc.... My work ethic: basically if you want it, just tell me when and you'll get it. I won't stop working on a project period. I will not slack, I will not bitch, and plus I have some decent programming background so i'll be able to make my art fit into your game. I do recall you mentioning something about that in one of the earlier chapters. but anyway. yea whatever art you need, and you won't even have to think about worring if its gunna get done. I'll do whatever it takes to get this graphics artist job. If you want I can give you some samples of tiles and art that I can do for you. And as a side note I love Dreamcast, so thats gotta be worth something.
Facts about me:
Location, NorthEast Florida.
I'm an 18 year old Caucasian male.
I play the trombone: and i play alot of XBL.

P.S.I'm going to submit this to every possible source to make sure you get this application for graphic's artist. It'll be on the chaos forums under the name of spum. Once again pick me because i'm a good artist, and i wont slack at all.
P.S.S. I'LL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES!!!!!!!
mellacot
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by mellacot »

Hi there,

As I have gone from commenting on your latest video (Adventures in Game Development Chapter 16 Part 2) to sending you an email via Youtube, what the hell. thought I better post here. :)
I have some idea of the 2D art you require. I cant promise anything at this stage, if you can give me some idea of your native pixel sizes per sprite and the general tone of your game (yes I am now looking in more details at your previous youtube vids and artwork on the website) I will see what I can do and post back. Chrono Trigger, interesting style :)

I can tell your straight talking and I can understand that, trying to push things forward to a schedule.
So no bull, if I can do it, I will, if not, then good luck.
Never commit to one style, to keep an open mind
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

mellacot wrote:Hi there,

As I have gone from commenting on your latest video (Adventures in Game Development Chapter 16 Part 2) to sending you an email via Youtube, what the hell. thought I better post here. :)
I have some idea of the 2D art you require. I cant promise anything at this stage, if you can give me some idea of your native pixel sizes per sprite and the general tone of your game (yes I am now looking in more details at your previous youtube vids and artwork on the website) I will see what I can do and post back. Chrono Trigger, interesting style :)

I can tell your straight talking and I can understand that, trying to push things forward to a schedule.
So no bull, if I can do it, I will, if not, then good luck.
I know the tiles are 32 x 32 and the characters are 32 x 64. As for the style looking at what they've presented thus far as original art work is about all you can do.

I recommend you join the interviewees group and post an application/resume sort of thing, and maybe browse the other applications for ideas about what they are and are not looking for in their art. ;)
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
mellacot
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by mellacot »

Thanks, will do :)
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Yay go youtube!!!!! ES team you may have some budding talent just waiting to join you! Can't wait to see the outcome, I'm ready for some battle system!
Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Post by Arce »

I have approved both of you. Can't wait to see your resumes, and good luck. I'm going to be honest...The application process is likely going to be long and tedious, because we're looking for permanent members we're willing so share the entire project with. We don't want somebody to be "doing us a favor" but rather new valuable additions to the team. Again, good luck and I'll see you in the interviewees forum!
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
YenTex
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by YenTex »

Okay, I saw your latest video, and in the next few days, I'll upload some pixel art.

How big are the tiles for the editor?
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

Raiden wrote:Okay, I saw your latest video, and in the next few days, I'll upload some pixel art.

How big are the tiles for the editor?
Read 4 posts up. :|
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
mellacot
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by mellacot »

I will have something done by Sunday. Came as a bit of shock to see the position open so its gung ho and get some work finished :)
Ewan
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Ewan »

Good luck to you both :)
They pull out the truncheon, that's when the trouble starts.

'Cause when you've got a badge, the laws don't apply.
Sargent@Eagle
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Sargent@Eagle »

we'll i send ya everything to jools64. Hope you like them :)
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

Sargent@Eagle wrote:we'll i send ya everything to jools64. Hope you like them :)
*sigh* Someone make a global sticky with implicit instructions for these people?

You should PM Gyrovorbis or MarauderIIC to join the Interviewees group and then post in the designated forum. I highly doubt Jools wants everyone mailing random art to him. :roll:
COAL
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: Adventures in Game Development
Favorite Gaming Platforms: N64, SNES, NES, Game Boy
Programming Language of Choice: C tic tac toe

Post by COAL »

I can see what I can do guys. I don't know about sprites, but I could probably whip up some tiles.
Res Novae
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

COAL wrote:I can see what I can do guys. I don't know about sprites, but I could probably whip up some tiles.
Welcome Back?! First post in almost a year and a half, haha.