Darkfall Online

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Aeolus
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Darkfall Online

Post by Aeolus »

http://www.darkfallonline.com

If you have played Marrowwind or Oblivion then you will know what this MMO is all about. Basically there is no levels. To advance and get better at something you must practice and practice. Archery and Magic turns into FPS mode and you have to physically aim at your enemy. There is no "targeting system" you basically have to know when to swing and where to swing your weapon. When healing you have to aim at the person you want to heal and cast a spell.

You can tame any beast depending on your tame skill rank as your mount and ride it all throughout the world. You can even fight on the mount, and swim with it. The mount can die if wounded very badly.

When you die, you fall to the ground and are struggling to hold on for your life. People can do a finish blow to kill you (in the beta i saw a archer finish off a person by shooting a arrow point blank into its forehead and litterally pinning the head to the ground). The battle system is so amazing that if you shoot a arrow into a person it sticks in their body to the death and does dmg over time. Then if you shoot them in the leg it will slow them down.

You can gather resources and create boats for traveling to other continents, and you can wage wars in the ocean simply by boarding other peoples boats and killing them conquering their ship. Or you can decide to sink it with cannons. You clan can also construct a city and own territory.

There is no instances, everything is real time. You could travel into a dungeon of a city and see if their is any bosses but people before you couldve killed it. But dont worry, this game is so huge it will take forever to explore all 4 continents and all the small islands and secret citys.

Did i mention they are a small team of like 6-12 people in Athens, Greece and they have no publisher. Doesn't that make them a indie?

Also There is high volumes of blood spraying on this game, decapitation, and gruesome finishing blows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ3elcSa ... r_embedded

Screenshot on Medium Settings:

Screenshot on High settings:

Showing how you cant target in combat:

Just a half of a huge Warhulk (built by a clan in beta) 3 levels and the top deck. Also players can steer boats. And theres around 80 cannons on this boat. Pwnage much?
Hyde from That 70's Show wrote:Woman are like muffins... Once you have a muffin you will do anything to have another muffin... And they know that.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: Darkfall Online

Post by eatcomics »

Jesus Christ, now I know I need that ultra high end gaming pc!!!!!!!!!!
Rhys
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: Learning from my C++ book.
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC. Lurv it.
Programming Language of Choice: C++.

Re: Darkfall Online

Post by Rhys »

Yeah, Darkfall. Played the beta, loved it, currently waiting to buy the game but the shop opens at 3am here in Australia and is open for about 10 minutes as they're accepting a capped amount of players daily, to keep the servers up.

Pretty great game, Mortal Online is similar, and yet to be released, looks better, tbh.